Chapter 68- Too Real

"Hey did you have a nice run?" Sarah asked as Molly went to the fridge. "Ya it's so nice out. You should have come with me" Molly smiled opening a bottle of water. "To many hills" Sarah smirked at Molly before turning her attention back to her laptop. "Who would have thought you'd find hills in San Francisco" Molly joked moving to where Sarah sat on the couch.

"What are you doing?" Molly asked stretching her legs behind the couch. "Catching up on my celeb goss" Sarah said. "Anything interesting happening in LaLa land?" Molly asked. "The Kardashians are taking over the world. The Beckham kids have better wardrobes than me. Bradalegina are meant to be adopting again. Oh and footie boy Ronaldo is on hols with his hot girlfriend and kid" Sarah said.

"What?" Molly asked leaning forward and hitting her head. "Shit" she said. "Are you alright?" Sarah asked. "I'm fine" Molly said. "I don't really like football but he is hot" Sarah said holding up the laptop to show Molly the picture of Cristiano on some yacht. Molly's eyes went to the right of the footballer. To Irina with the sweetest looking boy. And she smiled. "The kid is adorable isn't he?" Sarah asked. Molly nodded not trusting her voice. "Wonder if the model likes to be called Mama by a kid that's not hers. He surely calls her mama" Sarah said.

Molly could picture it. The little boy running to Irina shouting Mama if he cut his knee. She could picture the boy yelling Mama. Mama. Mama. Mama. MAMA Molly screamed sitting up in the bed.
She panted quickly. Finding the light she flicked it on. She was getting sick of that dream. It always felt too real. Too real she thought. Molly held a hand over her bump. Only a few more weeks she thought staring at the ceiling.

"Óle Molly" Zé smiled walking into Katia's kitchen. "Hi Zé" she said readjusting Denis in her arms. "Where's Rodrigo?" Katia asked. "Getting his football" he said. "Keep him away from football" Molly said rolling her eyes. "Why?" Katia asked. "So he doesn't turn into his Tío Cris I guess" Zé smirked. "He's young there's still time to prevent it" Molly muttered. "Are you two still fighting?" Katia asked.

It had been a couple of weeks since the night she phoned him to hell him he was having a son. But then it turned into an agreement. She hadn't meant to shout it out like she did, but she was pissed. They hadn't spoken since. Sure he had texted her and she had replied to the ones that appeared important. But it's not like her phone was hopping of the floor from all his attempts to contact her she thought.

"We're not fighting. We'd just rather not speak to each other" Molly said. "I know he can be annoying but it's not the first time he's annoyed you since you met him" Katia said. "He was being an ass" Molly said.

"He's lucky you didn't fly over to Madrid and shove his phone up his ass then so" Zé grinned and Molly blushed. "Explain" Katia said. "He got annoyed because Sergio knew a book fell on my toe" she said. "Which I moved by the way" Zé said. "I know. Anyway before I knew it he was moody because I sent back a gift. Then he was accusing me of flirting with Sergio. Accusing me of forgetting that I was pregnant. I just snapped. And when he tried to say he was sorry. I told him I'd fly over to Madrid and shove his phone up his ass if he did" Molly said. "I wish I could have seen his face" Zé laughed. "Hormones I guess. There driving me insane" Molly shrugged.

"He really is a muppet" Katia said and Molly smiled. "I know me living in Lisbon isn't what we agreed on. But it's not my fault. I've arranged all my scans to suit him. I'm just tired of arguing with him. Every time we talk it turns into a fight. It's easier if we don't talk. The stress isn't good for the baby" she said. "Molly, it wouldn't be you and Cris if ye didn't fight" Katia smiled.

"Well in a few more weeks I won't have anything more to do with him" Molly said. A few more weeks she thought.

Hours later and Molly sat on her couch. She was delighted to have some time to herself. She felt so tired lately. She picked up the letter and read it again.

"I hope you are liking the sun. Don't worry about me and you Mum. Everything is fine"

Dad

Three sentences. She hadn't spoken to him in nearly 7 months and that's all he could right. She had managed to give him the address of Jorge's office during one of the few short phone calls they had. But he hadn't sent her many letters. She had no idea what her parents were doing. She had asked old neighbours but no one new a thing about them.

She picked up her laptop and sat it on her lap. New York, Sydney, San Francisco. The world was her oyster she thought. Molly had started looking at places she could live after the baby was born. Maybe she could teach art. One thing was certain. She would never set foot in Madrid or Lisbon again. She would avoid all sports programmes and papers as much as she could. She didn't want to see Cristiano and the baby. She couldn't see them she thought.

There was a knock on the door and she started to feel hungry now she knew her pizza was on the other side of the door. She was looking forward to just eating her food and going to bed to sleep. Or try to sleep.

She grabbed her purse and slowly walked to the door. Opening the door slightly she laughed.