2

Marcellus continued walking, thinking, whatever Malcolm had said to the young lady had instigated more fear as all colour drained from her luscious chocolate skin. Shaking his head to clear such thoughts he went ahead for his meeting, which by his standard went perfectly as each department presented what they had achieved within the last four days of that week.

Turning to his PA, Theo, he gave him instructions before leaving the room.
Continuing with work he was surprised when Theo informed him he was leaving, it was already well past nine in the evening.  Once he locked his office up for the weekend he left the building driving at a leisurely pace. Spotting a familiar figure sitting on a bench close to the accident scene he slowly came to a halt.

"Get in!" His deep voice pierced the evening silence as teasing raindrops began to come down from the heavens.
Dark brown eyes shot up to him in panic before recognition appeared. She shook her head no as she tightened the sweater around her.
"Woman gets in so I can take you home before you fall sicker," he snapped harshly.
"No thank you, sir," she responded as he cursed and drove away. 

Reaching his house he started preparing his supper to relax himself but that woman kept intruding his thoughts once he managed to clear them. It was already raining rather heavily as he thought of the cut she was sporting thinking of pneumonia and other infections. Cursing he put on a sweater heading back out to see if she was still there. Spotting the bench he saw no one as he got out of his car in search for her.

Spotting someone standing by the bus stop shelter he realized it was her.
She let out a blood-curdling  scream when he tentatively placed his large palm on her shoulder. Looking up she found dark blue eyes staring at her with a frown marking his face. His full pink lips set into a thin line with a stubble covered jawline.
"Calm down woman, do I look that terrifying you had to shatter my eardrums.
"Sor..so..sorry sir. I didn't know it was you," she said taking a step away from him.
"Come on let's go," he said walking away from her as he pushed back his now wet dark locks of hair.

Turning he found her rooted to her spot before she said, "Thank you for the offer but I have no place to go. Besides you have already done more than enough considering I am still alive."
Running his hand through his hair he sighed.
Stubborn woman indeed.
"You can start paying off your debt by allowing me to take you out of this bad weather," he said in a flat tone.
At the prospect of paying off her debt her eyes popped wide open.

Slipping into the car he turned on the heaters once she settled down. An awkward silence filled the car as he drove them back to his estate.
"Sit," he said pointing to a chair in the kitchen.
Finishing off preparation of supper he worked efficiently whilst she sat studying her surroundings taking in the clean modern kitchen.
"Any food allergies I should know of?"
"I'm allergic to peanuts," she said softly as he prepared the salad removing the assorted nuts he had taken out.
She thought to ask him if he needed any help but decided against such judging from his facial expression he didn't want to be interrupted.

"You can come get your food, there is no maid for you here," he spat carrying his plate to the table as she rose up to dish her own food. Taking her food he frowned looking at the 'empty' plate.
"Is that all you are having?"
"Yes," she whispered eyes cast down.
He remained silent as she sat waiting for him to finish his food before clearing the dishes away, cleaning them.

"Thank you, I should get going before my husband starts looking for me," she said before he stopped her seeing her blood-soaked shirt.
"Max!" He yelled as a bulky man walked in a few minutes after. "Take her to the hospital and then to her home," he said as he walked away leaving her baffled.

----

"Mr, you can just leave me here. I will find my way back home alone," she said in a pleading voice as the man's features softened.
"As you wish ma'am," he said giving her smile.

----

Marcellus's POV

Sitting in my office I stood to stretch out my legs as I left my office to walk around. Spotting Malcolm as he growled angrily into his phone I frowned wondering who he was speaking so harshly to.
"You know you can never leave me, or I will send you back to your home," he said making several heads turn as he looked up to find my eyes on him.

With a hand signal I told him to come over.
"I do not like my employees mixing business with personal issues. Make sure it does not happen ever again," I told the man. He was clearly angry as he replied politely before I dismissed him.

The following day I received a call from the hospital.
"Mr Martinez?"
"Speaking."
"This is Dr Alexis speaking. May you please stop by the hospital it is rather urgent," she said hanging up. 

Leaving the office we headed to the hospital, this time I took Max with me in case there was trouble.
I found the woman sitting in the waiting room as she held her broken wrist which was already clutching an inhaler.
Now what?

"Sir I am so sorry. I tried to stop her from calling you but she refused," she began to cry.
The doctor showed up in the nick of time as she broke down capturing the attention of other patients.
"You called me. What is this urgent matter you mentioned?"
"Well you were the only contact she had on her and she refused to give us the name of her next of kin. I need to notify the authorities but she refused and is withholding the name of the perpetrator who did this. The environment is not conducive enough for her to live due to her asthma as well as her injuries. Already she is suffering from an infection which could break out into a fever soon if proper care is not shown."

"So you called me why? Because you found my number on her? What exactly do you want me to do? The woman is married, obviously her husband can take care of her," I said seeing her become pail as she started to tremble. "Next time inform me of the purpose of your call before pulling me away from my work," I said putting my shades on as I turned to leave.
"Come by my house at five o'clock sharp, don't be late."

Sitting in my home office I heard the doorbell go off a smile forming on my face. She was right on time.
"Punctuality I like that," I said looking down at the woman. She had changed her outfit trying to make herself look presentable.

"Follow me," I said as I tucked my hands in my slacks stepping out of the house. Going to the back of the house I slowed down for her to keep up a small smile forming on my face.
"What is going on with you?" I indicated her wrist and swollen cheek once we came to a halt in front of the pool.
"Nothing sir," she said eyes cast down.
What I did next even surprised me as I tilted her head up looking into black gems that could reveal the hidden truth within an instant.
"Speak," I growled making her flinch back as I frowned at her reaction.
"My husband has a temper and even if I try to leave him I will be sent back home. I came here for work, to make some money to send back to my family after graduating with a business degree. My marriage to him provided my green card and he has all my documentation," she blurted out regret showing on her face at revealing such.
"I will help you leave your husband, secure a job and the proper documentation so that you and your doctor friend stop bothering me," I said turning away from her.
"Thank you very much sir," she said going on her knees a sight I never wanted to see again as she looked at me like some god. I was just a mere man like her nothing great about me; as my parents had hammered into me as I grew up.

"You may leave. Max will take you to one of my apartments. You will be safe there," I said as I stood with my back to her.
What are you doing Martinez? I thought to myself.

😁😁😁😁😁☺️

Vote, comment and promote

Thanks for reading as always