17 - Double play

Okay I just had to do this, you are going to have fun trust me.
I had way too much fun writing this chapter ☺️☺️🙈

Here is the 17th installment

Keep up with me my lovelies....

Everything he did was so monotonous that at times he didn't even realize he was doing something. Looking over the files he would spot the error, yell and shout at his employees. Right now the family was on high alert because they knew if he wanted to kill, he would surely have blood. He hadn't seen her in a week but knew she was safe. His men had told him so as they monitored her every movement.

Like right now, he was in the process of beating a man to death and all he could think about was her and that look of hurt. He had hurt her again, and he let out all that frustration into every punch he threw.

He stopped when Max came in panting.
"Wife. Hospital. Emergency."
Was all he caught as he quickly washed his hands grabbing a fresh shirt heading out of the abandoned building. Max took him to the hospital were he found everyone already there. Alex was already there with his own family as they looked beyond worried.
"What is going on?"
"Thank goodness you are here. She collapsed whilst walking out of a cafe and right now they just took her to the OR," Helen said.
"Wait, wait. Why did she collapse? Why are they taking her to theatre?"

"No one knows why she collapsed," Helen replied. "They have to deliver the baby."
"But it's not yet time. She still has two more weeks," he said panicking.
"The doctor said something about fetal distress," she said as Marcel leaned against the wall.
It seemed like forever as they waited for the surgeon.

"They both made it," the doctor said as everyone looked relieved.
"Can I see them," Marcel said.
"Well, she has requested that you not come in. I'm sorry sir."
"I am her husband. I want to see my wife and child," he growled.
"A child you rejected," Alex spat as he walked past him heading to her room.

Marcel looked on as everyone filed into the room hearing their sounds of joy. Looking through the window he saw her smiling, looking tired and in pain.
"Can't you give her some pain medication. She is in pain," he said to no one in particular as the doctor and nurse stood by the door.
"We will in a minute," the doctor said as he saw Helen holding the baby.

He had a son who looked so much like him. He had believed a lie. He had broken them all because of a lie.
The person who sent that note was responsible. But wait he was also responsible for not even trusting her. After all he had done to her, she forgave him and now when she needed him the most he had shunned her.

He stood in the corridor beating himself up for being a fool such that he didn't even notice Alex when he walked up to him.

"Why didn't you contact me. You could be in there right about now. With your family sharing in their happiness."
"Alex...I."
"You don't even know who you married do you?" He said as Marcel looked at him perplexed.
"What do you mean?"
"Do you know your wife very well Marcel?"
"What do mean by that of course I know her," he said angrily as Alex shook his head in disappointment.

"I told you one day your idiotic plan would come back to bite you," he said just as several men wearing dark suits passed them heading straight towards her room.

Marcel's eyes widened as he saw her father. He looked too relaxed, too calm as his eyes met Marcel's in passing.

-----