25

"Target is down. I repeat target is down," Marcel heard as he turned to look a Nyasha.
The sound of feet moving away from the car allowed him the freedom to move.
A bullet had pierced her chest and a lot of blood was coming out. Broken glass was everywhere as he assessed the damage of their car. It had flipped over several times but he was not in the least bit worried for their son, Mario was still safe and secure in his seat. Unfastening his belt he slowly moved making sure that nothing was broken before he turned to her gabbing the baby blanket to stop the bleeding.

The sound of several cars approaching had him reaching for his gun in case it was the enemy.

"Are you sure she is dead?" The man asked his partner.
A loud shot rang out just as Marcel fired his gun killing one of the man instantly. But nothing could stop the bullet that hit Nyasha's chest. Before the man could run for it Marcel shot him down as other feet shuffled towards them. Getting ready to take whoever it was down  he sighed in relief as he saw Alexis as she took over seeing to Nyasha whilst he paid attention to Mario.

An ambulance had already arrived as they pulled the door open before quickly placing her in the vehicle.

Upon arrival at the hospital he found his family there already but no sign of her family. It was only after a few minutes of pacing and threatening several doctors did Neil and her papa arrive. Tariro clearly had been crying but now only anger replaced her pain.

Marcel's POV

Though the surgery was a success Nyasha didn't wake up as expected. For three days no one left the hospital. Everyone ate, bathed and slept there. Her brother constantly on the phone murmuring something to her father here and there. My son never left my arms I had promised her to take care of him even when I was barking orders to my men.

Whoever had attacked us wanted us separated really badly and it seems they had almost succeeded.

She looked so small and fragile in the hospital bed. Numerous tubes and cabled attached to her supplying her with medication, sustenance and monitoring her vitals. I never thought I would see her in such a state, she was my equal thus strong and powerful. Powerful people like her, like me, were never meant for such. The person responsible for this would surely pay I vowed with a vengeance as I looked at our sleeping son.

Days turned into a week and still no response which baffled the doctors. I had to force my family to leave but gave Mario to Tariro for what I intended to do would be unsuitable to bring a child along.

----

"Max stay with her. No one comes in here, except for Alexis. Now one else," I ordered my most trusted men. "Not even my family," I added as he looked at me in confusion.

Getting into my car I called one of the boys I had sent to watch over the delivery boy.
"Bring the boy to me," I told him hanging up before he could respond.

Walking into the house I was greeted by silence. I would rather be greeted by Nyasha's angry scowl at my being late or the cries of my son, but no, there was no such thing as a sound of life. Heading to our room I freshened up changing my clothes for a back suit and white shirt.

Walking into the living room I found two of my boys watching over the delivery boy.
"We can discuss the matter at hand like civilized human beings or like animals. I would pick civilized because we both know you don't want to see the beast inside of me," I said in a clear and cool tone.