24

Dedicated to my number one besty and Friend Barbs_2

"Apology accepted," she whispered as she lay on his chest.
"I love apologizing to you. Who knows what errors I will find myself begging for forgiveness for, next time," he said as he played with her hand intertwining their fingers.
"Who knows," she sighed closing her eyes in content.

----

"Your coffee darling," she smiled placing the mug in front of him as he looked over some files.
"Thank you," he said removing his eyes from the papers to look at her as she walked towards the door.
"I will be in accounts," she smiled as he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

They had made a deal to continue with their normal routine but only work on finding out who was behind the attack at home. And thus far their arrangement seemed to be working tremendously. Working out a flow diagram he realised they still had to talk with the delivery man, he had let the issue slip his mind after the whole kidnap fiasco.

---

Two days later

"Go to work baby, I will look after Mario," she said as she rocked their son back and fourth. "The doctor said he will be here in a few minutes," she assured him.

"Please call me if anything changes," he said looking worriedly at them both.
"Its just a little cold, nothing that can't be fixed," she said in a confident tone.
"Call me, better yet I will call you, just keep your phone close," he said showing no sign of leaving.
"Baby. Go," Nyasha smiled as he reluctantly left them.

After the doctor visited and prescribed some medication for the little guys' fever Nyasha stayed home taking care of their son for the days that followed by.

His fever broke and once she felt satisfied with his recovery she decided to stop by his father's office to make sure he had something to eat.

She entered his office finding a dark haired woman clinging onto him as if her life depended it.
"Marcel," she breathed as he turned to look at her in confusion.

---

Marcel's POV

Since Nyasha was taking care of Mario I had asked my secretary to prepare my morning cup of coffee but somehow she wound up feeling unwell. It seemed the flu bug was going around as I had to hire a temporary secretary for the time being.

"Here is your coffee Mr Martinez," Wanda said with a smile.
"Thank you Wanda. Please put these files away for me," I told her handing over the said files.

A few minutes later she returned asking me if I needed anything else.
Shaking my head no without sparing a glance at her I frowned when I didn't hear my door close. I felt a small hand on my shoulder making me sit up straight as I shook off the hand.

Looking up I found Nyasha there, smiling at me.
"You are working yourself like a dog, you need to relax," she said as I stood from my seat.
"And how exactly should I do that," I whispered looking down at her.
"I can make you relax," she purred.
"When did you get here?" I asked her but got no response as she simp,y smiled at me.

I shook my head feeling funny. Something was off.
"Baby is it me or have you grown shorter?" I asked as she pulled me down to her.
"Are you making fun of my height or are you going to kiss me hello," she asked.
"Hmmm the latter seems more interesting," I murmured against her lips.

A few minutes later I heard the click of my door opening making me pull away from her when I heard my name. Only one person could make me acknowledge my name in an instant.
Looking towards the entrance I saw Nyasha standing by the door. Looking back at the woman I held I saw Nyasha as well.
"What is going on here?" I growled stepping away from her as I looked from one woman to another.