9

"Marcellus it's so good to see you after so long. I heard you got married is this she?" She threw the questions as Marcel closed his door still holding onto Nyasha.
"Debra, it has indeed been a while. And to answer your question, yes this is my wife," he said with a fond smile as he looked at Nyasha.
Nyasha however did not miss the look of lust the woman had for her husband as he pulled her closer to him.
"So what can we do for you?" Marcel asked walking towards the love seat indicating Debra should take the seat across from them.
"I just dropped by to say hello. Didn't want any surprises at the upcoming ball and all," she said casually.
"Oh almost forgot about that. I am afraid I won't be in the country. My love and I still have to go for our honeymoon, she wasn't well when we got married but now she is fit for travel and so much more," he said with a smile towards Nyasha.
"Oh," Debra said a hint of disappointment visible. "That's good to hear," she said with a fake smile, one that they both saw.

Standing up she said her goodbyes leaving the office rather quickly.

"Honeymoon? I don't think that's a..." She stopped when he gave a look that told her to not even bother.

   ------

Nyasha's POV

Marcellus surprised me with a trip back home. But first we would see my father and the rest of my family. I was shocked when no one said anything about the fact that I was married without the proper introductions and all. My father was only glad I was safe and sound and after telling him of what I had gone through Marcellus quickly won his trust to my surprise even though he hadn't said a word to me the whole time we had travelled.

----

She frowned thinking they had been making progress in their relationship but ever since Debra showed up he shut her out resulting in her withdrawing away from him.

"Sir we have to head to Victoria Falls for a few days," he said. "But we will return soon so Nyasha can spend some time with her family."
He received a nod of approval as he stood up leading the way out of the house.

Arriving at the international airport the attendants wore friendly smiles directing them to a private lounge as his jet was being prepared.
"A drink for madam," a steward said holding a tray of freshly squeezed orange juice.
"Thank you," she said with a smile.
Marcellus on the other hand was busy on his laptop ignoring her.

The pilot arrived whispering something into his ear as he shut his laptop handing it over to one of the hostesses we had travelled with.
"Let's go," he said in a low voice as she stood up following him.

Arriving at A'Zambezi hotel she was surprised to find him paying for a normal room instead of the overpriced ones.

"I am sorry," he whispered once the attendant left them in their room

She stood rigid looking at him, studying his expressions.
"I don't understand. Why are you apologizing?" She asked him.
"I have been ignoring you all this while," he said taking her hands gently
"Well as long as this doesn't repeat itself you are forgiven," she smiled as she turned around to look at their room. "Today you were going to sleep facing those pillows," she smirked as he chuckled.
"Very funny darling," he said kissing her head.