8

"Good Morning sunshine," he said startling me awake. "Oh and act happy my love, you wouldn't want to wake up in a prison cell if the authorities discover you don't have any documentation," he said making her become paralyzed with fear as Mrs Twist and Ellen walked into the room.

Helping her get ready they helped her out of the house to the backyard which had been set up for a small reception. Alex stood beside the priest as Marcellus walked towards her scooping her into his arms walking down the isle with her. The priest officiated the wedding as she tried her best to look happy but inside she was slowly losing it.

After the ceremony he brought her a plate of food but eating was futile since her right arm was out of use for the time being and using her left hand was a challenge.
"Here let me," he said taking the fork out of her hands.
She looked up into his eyes and let out a gasp at what she saw. He looked worried as he looked at her, this was a rare expression on him.
"Trust me," he said as he held the fork to her lips. Parting them she slowly chewed the food as he watched her a smile gracing his lips. It was hard to believe he had just threatened her a few hours ago as he continued to feed her slowly allowing himself time to eat as well.
The time she dreaded arrived as he placed her on his bed. She sat rigid as he removed her dress not once looking at her in the perverted way Malcolm looked at her. The look he had was of pure awe and appreciation as he quickly slipped one of his work shirts on her. Wearing his own pajamas he carefully pulled her into his arms as he whispered, "good night sweetheart," kissing her temple.

This was different for her, she had never experienced such affection as she listened to the steady thump of his heart that lulled her to sleep.

------

"Marcellus!!!" He heard as he shot out of bed. "How dare you!" His mother shrieked making her way up the stairs. Quickly leaving the room to stop her before her rants woke Nyasha up he stepped out of the room.
"Mother," he spat as she came to a halt in front of his bedroom door.
"How could you stoop so low. You have dragged the family name into mud. How could you marry your employee, your help for goodness sake," she said stepping back when she saw the fire blaze in his eyes at her disrespect.
"Mother I need you to leave right now," he said trying to hold on to what little sanity he had.

This woman had belittled him all his life but he couldn't take anymore of her criticism.
"Wait until your father hears of this," she said turning to leave.
"Marcel!" He heard making his heart skip a beat.
Walking back into the room he found her awake looking worried.
"Good morning sweetheart," he said with a lopsided grin that had her in a trance.
"Is..is everything okay?" She said clutching the sheets.
"Everything is perfect. I have to step out for a bit but it will be back very soon," he said as she watched him head into the bathroom.
"Be back soon," he murmured giving her a peck as she was left in a daze touching her lips.

-----
Nyasha's POV

Several weeks passed by with Dr Alexis coming by everyday with a nurse to help me with my daily hygiene. I was grateful for this when Marcel returned with a nurse and some flowers which had slowly been toned down to a rose of a different color everyday.

Several of my coworkers stopped by to see how I was doing which I was grateful for because sitting at home was now boring.
"Honey I'm home," Marcel yelled out one evening making me laugh.
"Are you trying to sound domesticated."

Oh we were getting along just fine, who knew we would become close friends. Which is weird because he acts as though we are a real couple and all.

"Domesticated. Do I look like a golden retriever?" He said with a smile.
"Hmm. More like a poodle," I teased as he gave me a blank stare. "A good looking poodle," I added bringing forth a smile as he walked towards me.
"I guess I can lick your face till you give me a treat to stop," he said pulling me into his arms as he leaned towards me with a playful smirk.
"Okay okay you are not a poodle," I shrieked trying to get away from him as he chuckled.