18

Marcel's POV

She left me stunned, rooted in the same position as I looked at the open door. Before my legs picked up the message to move from my brain they were already out of my sight.
"Alex we need to stop them," I said grabbing his collar.
"No, you have to stop her from leaving," he said shaking off my hand as I moved towards the staircase.

"Grabbing the door handle I could see her as she looked at me.
"Sweetheart please open the door. Baby, open up for me," I said trying the door handle.
I could see her tears as clear as daylight.
"No, no, no! Nyasha please don't cry. You know what your tears do to me. Please my love just open the door for me," I begged her as she placed a hand on the window as though to wave goodbye.
I placed mine opposite hers just like in the movies as the car pulled away.

"Nyasha!" I yelled out as I went after her, but the car picked up momentum taking them away from me.
I was a failure as a man, a failure as a husband and I had just failed as a father. Turning to head back towards her father I found him already in his own car. The door closed taking him away, only her brother remained.

My love for her was dangerous, I realized at that very moment. She was the only one who could break me and my actions these past few months reflected such.

"You have broken her," her brother smiled. "In a good way, that is. Because of that you are still breathing my friend," he said as he put on his shades just as his car pulled up.

----

"Who the f**k are these people! I need answers!" He yelled looking at the heads of each family in the business.
They all looked baffled. Lost, to be exact.

The Russian's laughter led to silence as everyone turned to look at him. Stepping out of the shadows he wore a wide smile showing off his perfect teeth.

(Picture some badass dude speaking with a thick Russian accent 😁)

"When you called me Matinez I did not know it was for love," he said in a lazy tone as he took a seat putting his legs up.

"Do you know someth...?"

"You see, I have heard rumors of a family. Not just a normal family like yours or mine.

They are shadows in this world, shadows that scare even the boogeyman.

They make even the yakuza look like headless chickens.

Make grown men want to crawl back into their mothers womb.

And if you are looking for these people, you will leave a trail of bodies to get to them.

But trust me you will not be tho one doing the killing," he chuckled. "Do you accept their blood on your hans?"

"You will find them if they want to be found.
Many had died trying to find them, but...only one lived.

Go to the old house. Look for a man by the name of Nikolai Vanderbilt. By telling you this I am already a dead man," he said as he grabbed his coat and wore his hat. "Tell your papa, my debt to him is complete," he smiled.

He looked on as the Russian left.

She can't be her. The woman who made all the fairytale witches look like chump change. The woman who could turn a man's heart into stone harder than what medusa did. She was known to be ruthless but no one knew why.
If it was her he was indeed lucky to be alive like her brother had mentioned.
Matter of fact encountering that whole family, he felt blessed to be breathing as he walked out of the house heading straight to 'the house'.