4

Marcellus's POV

After she walked away Ellen punched me so hard I had to step back in case she attempted another. 
"That was not nice at all," she fumed walking past me heading back into the house.
Their rooms had been prepared so there was no need to worry about sleeping arrangements.

Lying in my bed I kept replaying the events of the night over and over in my head. From the time she had her asthma attack to the time she flinched away from me. I never wanted her to be afraid of me, not when she had gotten along so well with my baby sister. Ellen never got along with many but if you managed to break her barrier then you were truly unique. My assistant was unique in every aspect efficient, hard-working, I just had to tear down the protective walls she had put up, but at the same time make sure my walls stood erect, I didn't want a repeat of last time.

I hated whenever she spoke to me looking down, looking weak and dejected. Whatever she had gone through was all because of Malcolm and I felt my blood boil just at the thought of those wounds he had inflicted upon her. How would I get through to her when I had my own garbage to deal with. I was nicknamed the beast by my employees, even though they didn't know I knew this. To top it off the Martinez annual ball was just around the corner and I knew I would see her there. Her being the one woman I had given my heart to only for her to shatter it into a million pieces.

Sleep did not come easily for me as I tossed and turned. Every time I closed my eyes I saw her face. The face of the woman who was slowly creeping into my heart without her even knowing it.

----

"Good morning Nyasha," I said as she laughed with Ellen.
Both ladies looked at me with wide eyes full of surprise. I made sure to not show my amusement as I wore a serious expression.
"Good morning sir," she stuttered as she placed a cup of coffee before me.
"I will be waiting in the car," I simply said as Ellen gave me a questioning look.
"Bye Ellen," she mouthed as she rushed to get her bag and files.

A few minutes later she slid into the limo finding me already on the phone as we drove off. Using the main entrance just to see how things were I then noticed that she had to practically power walk in order to keep up with my long strides. A smile formed on my face as I slowed down for her. Quickly wiping it off before anyone noticed.
"What meetings do I have today?"
"The Harrison acquisition meeting at nine followed by a visit to sector fifty-five to see how the construction of the new storage house is coming along at eleven o'clock. You are required at Newton Shipments to sign off the large cargo that just arrived personally at twelve-thirty and a lunch meeting with Mr Davenport," she said as I remained silent taking in all the information.

----

"Listen to me, you have to fix those problems yourself before I take over," I spat angrily at the assistant the Harrison's had sent over.
"I beg your pardon, sir. My superior will have to hear this," the little prick said as he took out his phone.
If I lost this deal my father would surely have my head. I never seemed to please him but make one mistake he would gladly point out all my faults.
"I am sorry sir," I heard a voice say as all the other managers looked in the direction of my assistant's assistant. "What Mr Martinez is trying to say is that we would like to acquire Harrison on a clean slate. If need be we can, I can, offer my assistance in clearing all the backlogs during my free time," she said with that smile of hers that had me in a trance.

The little prick smiled at her nodding his head in approval.
"I will inform my boss of this, he will most likely be happy for the assistance."
Sighs of relief went around the room as they all stood to leave, happy the meeting had gone well.
I on the other hand remained seated deep in thought.
"Sit," I said to her as she took a seat two chairs away from me.
Standing up I moved from my seat taking the one beside her as I turned her chair to face mine.
"Don't you ever do such in front of my employees?" I said seeing panic written all over her face.
My conscience was nagging me as I turned her face to face me.
"Next time just whisper in my ear," I said gently with a small smile as she looked at me stunned.

Standing up I did my suit buttons up.
"Are you coming along?" I said as she scrambled onto her feet following me whilst clutching some folders.
Heading to the construction site we headed to my office first to get into suitable clothing.

Directing her to my bathroom I headed to the common bathroom changing there instead.
She looked completely lost as she stood outside my office wearing the work boots, jeans and a sweater I had bought for her. Each clinging to her like a second skin as I went into my office fetching my jacket throwing it over her to wear. I smirked as my jacket engulfed her pleasing me tremendously as it hid her body from prying eyes.
"Where is your hard hat?"
"I didn't get one," she said as I placed mine on her head.
"Keep up," I said as I grabbed a hard hat from the manager as soon as we left my office.

"When do the solar panels arrive? I need us to conserve energy cutting down unnecessary costs once this site is up and running.
"Tomorrow sir. We are right on schedule, we will be done within three weeks."
"I didn't ask all that did I? I know we are on schedule," I snapped.
I felt her presence beside me as I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I had to make sure I didn't scare her; I didn't want her scared of me.

"Anyways are there any complaints? All orders are arriving on time right?" I asked as we walked further into the almost complete building.
"None at all sir. All the employees are happy. No casualties and all orders are arriving right on time," the man said with a smile as we continued to talk answering questions I had not asked.
Coming to a halt I looked beside me to find her not there.
"Where did she go?" I asked the manager who had a puzzled look as he too scanned the floor in search of my new assistant.

A sharp whistle resounded from my lips bringing the place to a halt.
"Find her now!" I growled as the manager scurried away.
Laughter drew me to the carpentry section as I found a group of men surrounding her.
"See I told you I can do this," she said giving one of the men a high five.
"Tell your old man he did an excellent job with you little one," the old man said with a sincere smile as her expression softened. She smiled at the group.
"Next time don't dare a woman that she doesn't know her way around nails," she laughed as the youngest crew member turned red in embarrassment as his mates teased him.
"Are you done?" Marcellus growled as everyone became silent.
"Oh sir. I am so sorry," she said rushing to my side. She tried to hide her smile as the other men looked like they were going to piss their pants.

Turning to walk away she followed me but my eyes never left her as she turned to wave at the men who most likely had wide goofy grins on their faces. A smile formed on my face as I looked at her wide grin. Twice in one day she had smiled, twice in one day, I had donned a smile myself. What was this woman doing to me...

Heading to the car she stopped saying something about changing clothes.
"Don't worry about that," I said removing my hat tossing it at the back of the car.
She slid in the passenger seat removing hers as she frowned at her muddy boots.
Newton Shipments was a breeze as he left her in the car rushing to sign the papers regardless of the stares he got as he looked rugged in jeans, a work shirt and boots.

Stopping in front of one of the most expensive restaurants in the city I tossed the keys to the valet as she waited for me at the entrance.
"Excuse me, but your dress code is inappropriate," a waiter said stopping us at the entrance.
"Davenport," I growled into my phone hanging up.

"Martinez!" I heard the womanizer call out a wide grin on his face. "My lady," he said in his British accent taking Nyasha's hand kissing it.
"How do you do sir," she said with a giggle.
Sending my old friend a glare he slowly backed off as he looked between the lady and I, his eyes widening in shock.
"I am superb my dear, now that you have arrived in our lives," he said with a sly smile making Nyasha laugh. "Please call me Alexander or Alex for short."
"My name is Nyasha," she said.
After trying her name out he smiled when she nodded in approval.
"Please do not tell me you have been travelling all day in such an attire," he said giving his friend a scowl.
"No not at all," she said.
"Don't worry he won't kill you even if you tell me the truth. Shall we," he said gently taking her arm.
"Alex," I growled as he chuckled knowing she was oblivious to what was really happening. He was trying to make me jealous and it was working.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Vote, comment, promote, show some love...
🤗