7

Marcellus's POV

Sitting in the car waiting for her to return I typed away on my phone responding to important messages. The ding of a door opening caught my attention as I looked up to find Nyasha making her way across the road. Out of nowhere a car came into sight as the driver charged down the street. My feet felt heavy as I saw her body connect with that of the car a sickening sound that would forever replay in my mind till eternity as I opened my door at the same time dialing 911.

"Her arm and leg both lay at sickening angles telling me they were clearly broken.
"Nyasha," I whispered as her dark curls quickly became soaked in blood.
Her eyes were open as she looked at me.
"Sir," she whispered trying to catch her breath as she coughed up blood.
"Sshhh, don't...don't talk," I choked out hearing the sirens coming closer.
"Sir please stay back," the paramedic said as they lifted her onto the gurney.
"She is going into shock!" The other yelled as they shut the door leaving me standing in a pool of her blood.

"Come with me son," I heard the old man from the pizza parlor say as he dragged me towards his car.
We followed the ambulance as I sat staring at my blood stained hands. If anything happened to her I didn't know what I would do. Though we hadn't spoken much she had turned my life upside down. Bringing forth emotions I had kept locked away for some time now. She was different from other woman and I realized I had taken her for granted.

Sitting in the waiting room I did the last thing I expected heading to the chapel for a little one on one with the Big guy. A few minutes after speaking with Him, Mr Twist approached me with a smile.
"She is going to be okay," he said as I let go of the breath I had been holding feeling my body slightly relax.

Stepping into the room the old couple spoke to her for a few minutes promising to return the following day. By then it was evening as I stood looking at her. Her leg and arm were wrapped up in casts. Her head was wrapped up too but now her long curls were gone replaced by a shorter cut.
"How are you feeling?" I asked in a gruff voice looking away from her as she simply said, fine.
Anger coursed through my body at the person responsible for this. Sitting down in a chair I kept my gaze on her thinking of what I would do with her. That was obviously a hit and run and my contacts had told me that Malcolm was out with his friends the whole day so obviously it wasn't him.

Black eyes stared back at me before they started to droop due to the medication. She looked frightened and weak but sleeping she looked at peace even though it was due to the medication. Leaving the hospital I returned home. The hospital would take care of her I thought to myself as I took a drag from my cigar.

----

Leaving my office I headed to her floor to demand my cup of coffee before I came to a halt in front of her door realizing she wasn't at work today. My heart ached with the guilt I felt right there and then. She had no one and here I was focusing on my own needs. How could I forget that she was in hospital, was I that really much of a monster. The woman had been diligent in her work, for the past few weeks and here I was thinking were my cup of coffee was. I had witnessed the accident and already pushed it at the back of my mind.

Turning to leave I noticed a few of the staff was missing, they had a lot of explaining to do once they returned, I thought with an angry scowl.

----

Holding a bouquet of red and white roses I opened the door coming to a halt when I saw several heads turn in my direction. I cleared my throat as I looked around the room noticing there were already flowers and get well cards taking up the space. Walking in it the room I stood back allowing her to finish talking with my employees. The smile she wore had me smiling as I stood by the window to look outside. A burst of laughter filled the room but all I heard was her laugh, so angelic and melodious in my ears my heart beat rapidly.

It was only after a few minutes that I realized the room had become silent. Turning to face her with the flowers still in my hands she smiled up at me as I walked towards her.
"Good afternoon sir," she greeted.
"Hi," I whispered looking over her. "How are you feeling this afternoon."
"I am fine thank you. The doctor said I can leave if my scans are clear," she said nervously looking away from me.
"What did I tell you," I said turning her face towards me as she parted her lips slightly as I ran my thumb over her bottom lip.
Stepping away I cleared my throat placing the flowers by her feet. The nurse would take care of them.
"I will be back in the evening."
"Oh there is no need sir, I will be leaving for home this evening. My flight is already booked," she said as I stood rigid in shock.
"Leave? What do you mean leave?"
"I am going back home," she whispered. "I miss my family," she said as a tear ran down her cheek.

I walked out of the room without another word as I felt a sharp pain in my chest before panic set in. She can't leave me. I thought as I paced outside her door.
"You," I growled pointing at a nurse aid. "Get me the doctor now!"

----

Nyasha's POV

My heart skipped a beat when I heard his raised voice outside my door.
This is bad. This is really really bad. I thought to myself as I watched the door waiting for him to return. He was definitely going to return.
A few minutes later my doctor arrived looking pale. At this time I wished I had Dr Alexis present as a nurse came in with a bag.

Marcellus stood by the door hands deep in his pockets wearing an angry scowl.
"What is going on?" I asked the doctor as he checked my vitals once more before signing a paper. He didn't say anything as he walked out leaving me with the nurse aid. A few minutes later Marcellus walked in after I had finished getting dressed. Another nurse walked in to help me into the wheel chair.
"Don't," Marcellus said with a frown as he stepped towards me.
Lifting me off the bed I gasped afraid he would drop me but he surprised me by whispering, "Trust me," into my ear. Walking out of the room I tried to ask him were he was taking me since I had other arrangements. Once in the car he slid in behind the wheel.

"Sir where are you taking me?"
"Home," he simply said leaving no room for any further questions.
Driving into his estate the car came to a halt. Marcellus came around to open my door.
"Sir I really need to leave for the airport," I said soflty. "I will email you my letter of resignation once I arrive home. You don't need to pay me I am already indebted to you," I said seeing a spark go off in his eyes.

He remained silent lifting me up and heading into the house. Placing me on my feet I realized the room was sickeningly quiet as I stood on one leg still holding onto him for support.
"You will not go anywhere," he said in a calm voice as I looked up at him shocked. "You are going to stay here and we are going to get married if that's is what it takes to keep you here," he stated in a calm manner once more.
I shook my head no, gulping down the lump that had formed on my throat. This can't be happening again, I thought as I kept on shaking my head no trying to convince myself that this was truly not happening.

"Don't think about Malcolm because I am not him. I will treat you better, give you the desires of your heart, shower you with kisses that will make you weak at the knees, even go as far as giving you my heart, but just don't leave me," he said looking lost as he pulled her closer supporting her some more.
"No, no, not again," I murmured as my heart rate increased.

He took a deep breath as she saw a spark of what seemed to be anger.

"Then this is what is going to happen. Tomorrow we are getting married I don't care if you have to be in bed for the ceremony but so be it. We are going to live together as man and wife, and I am going to f**k that idiot out of your system until I am the only one on your mind, in your system, until you long for only my touch. I am going to make you forget whatever damage he has inflicted upon you, this I promise you my dear," he said as I looked at him wide eyed.

I had to get out of here and fast but how that would happen in my current condition was beyond me as I held onto him firmly for support. A smirk formed on his face as he noticed my tightened grip on him.
"Come on sweetheart, lets get you to bed," he said lifting me up. I had no choice but to let him carry me to my room. "Do you need help?" He asked as I lay on the bed still in the clothes.
I quickly shook my head no as he left with a smile.

If only I had stayed home.

Hello lovelies.
Hope I find you all well!

How was the chapter?

So please don't forget to vote, comment or promote.