Being Mummy 💜(Thomas)

School was over and I stood by the door as I beckoned the children out, watching them run to their parents. I noticed a certain lingering girl staring at me when I turned back, expecting an empty room. "Hello Annie," I said pleasantly after my initial surprise faded.

"Hello Miss. (Y/l/n)!" She replied happily. Aw. My heart swelled and I couldn't help but smile. She really was adorable. "I have a not for you from my daddy," she added after a moment of silence.

Thomas? Had a note for me? I tried not to think about it. So we'd gone on one date. He'd been pleasant and it wasn't anything to be freaking out about. He hadn't gotten my number that night... I smiled dreamily at the memory.

Annie giggled and I snapped into reality. "Oh. Uh, let me see it, then," I rushed, blushing. She took out the folded paper from her bag and handed it to me. I read it.

Y/n,
Hi. Annie wanted to ask you if you'd come to her birthday. It's princess themed, and we're having a tea party.
It would mean a lot to her. And me. She would also like you to know we have tea parties all the time and you're equally welcome to any of those too.
-Thomas

Heart racing, I beamed at the letter. "So?" Annie asked innocently. I blushed. That girl was way too perceptive for her age.

My eyes blinked to clear my head as I focused on the young girl. "Um, yes. I would love to come!" I finalized.

Annie squealed. "Yay!" She ran outside then and I turned to watch her. Thomas picked her up and twirled her around as she ran into his arms. He put her down and Annie started talking really fast. Before I could register what was happening, Thomas looked up to me with a heart breaking smile and waved at me. I blushed even more; no doubt that everyone knew with that beating sun lighting up my face. I gave a little wave back and leaned against the door frame.

I watched them go to leave and went back in my room to grab my stuff. Walking out, I closed and locked the door behind me and walked to my car. I went home and inspected the times and dates on the back of the letter for the party.

Two days. Just two days.

-the day of the party-

My finger tapped the wheel as I reached my other hand over, pulling the invitation into sight to check the time as I drove down the street. I'd found his address on the back with other information and was now making my way to their house. I pulled into the gutter in front of their house, one of the first three people here besides Thomas and Annie themselves. I heard it was supposed to be over average. Like fifteen people or so. I was a little nervous.

Turning my car off, I slipped out and made my way to the door. I knocked and waited for someone to answer the door. Annie did, which surprised me. "Yay! Ms. (Y/l/n)! I'm so happy you came!"

Annie took my hand and dragged me inside, pulling me around corners and out to the back where everyone was. I was stopped short as I ran right into someone. "Oh sorry," I breathed, flustered. "Annie was pulling me and-"

"It's okay," Thomas managed through laughter. "Annie was a habit of getting people together."

I laughed, nervous, and looked down as I blushed. He pulled my chin up. "It's nice to see you," I greeted quietly, breathless as our eyes met.

His hand dropped from my chin. "It's even nicer to see you," he smoothly slipped back. Unable to help myself, I giggled. He seemed to like the sound.