Hello There (Paul)💜

A/n: Little bit for the most adorable bean that is @pleasetommeh because she deserves it <3

---

John and Paul sat on the edge of the stage they were to be performing at tonight. It was a little joint but it was supposed to be quite a good gig. His favorite part about performing here, though, was not the good pay or the greatly involved crowd- it was the girls. Well, one girl specifically.

Paul was not the kind of guy to be like that. To look at girls and only think about them. That was a John thing. John was the ladies man. Paul was just... well he was just Paul. He could be good looking, depending on the day, and he was quite the charmer when he tried, but he had a specific taste, and only paid attention to girls he had emotional involvement with. He was not one to mess about. Unlike some people who were used to a new one night stand every night, he liked the thrill of simply having that gut wrenching crush on a girl. The smile it would bring to his face, and the butterflies that would start flying in his stomach. The girl that he had in mind worked here, and every time they played she would take a break from bussing tables and delivering food to deal with costumer complaints and watch him perform from the sidelines. He lived for the grin on her face as she started swaying to the music. After enough times playing, he loved how she would watch him, her lips moving to the words if it was a song they covered, or hell, even ones she'd heard so much in performances that she'd started to memorize the words to the new songs of the Beetles.

Just at that time, as if summoned by his thinking of the beautiful girl that had held his attention for quite some time now, she bustled out of the kitchen, apron tied around her waist and feet almost running as she used both hands to carry the tray and get it to the awaiting table on time. Paul paused to watch, his eyes glued on her rushing figure, a dreamy smile already on his face. "Why don't you just talk to her?" John  asked, making Paul jump. "You've obviously got the hots, just get your arse up and over there and talk to her! Ask her about her day, or how long she's been working here, or about the color of underwear she's wearing." Paul slapped John's arm for that last comment, causing the brunette to laugh. "I'm just joking! But seriously, Paul, just go talk to her." John really was serious, and it threw Paul off, so the already flustered boy got up and moved over to her.

"Hello," he greeted, his head filling with all the smooth things he'd seen John do before. Lean up against the wall next to her, his hand at the back of his neck and elbows at level his head. His ankles crossing. Smirking. He lost his balance and barely caught himself in time. Y/n looked over just in time to see his blunder and stood up straight from washing the table to giggle. At least she covered her mouth as if to hide it.

She smirked herself, rising an eyebrow, and Paul wondered for the millionth time how to speak full, complete , understandable sentences around the girl in front of him. "Hi," she responded back simply.

Paul;s mind went blank. He thought she'd say more. He had nothing to go off of. What did he do now? How did anyone do this he felt so awkward and hot- why was he so hot? "I'm going to be performing later," he told her, his mind failing to come up with anything else to say.

"I'm aware," she responded, placing her hand on her hip, still holding a rag, and running her other hand through her nappy hair, which was falling apart as she labored to clean up the messy tables. Without thinking Paul stepped forward, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. He did it as a favor, as she was so obviously struggling with the task herself, but when his hand paused on the corner of her jaw and he realized how smoothly he'd gotten close to her, the both of them looked at each other with mirrored shock, the same blush creeping up their faces. "Thanks," Y/n whispered quietly, her voice breaking. She winced, ever so small, and Paul felt a surge of confidence as he realized she really was struggling the same way he was.

He let his hand dropped, but didn't step away. "No problem, love." He put all of the memories of John out of his mind, letting his mind quiet and his body relax. He wasn't John, and he could flirt and be charming. If he thought too much about it, he would get nowhere. "Are you going to watch us again tonight?"

Her eyes drifted to the side, simply to get away from his searching gaze. "I have work," she mumbled. If she were someone else, perhaps it would have been sound reasoning..

Paul knew better. "Hasn't stopped you before," he pointed out as he thought about it, shifting his weight to one foot and running a hand through his hair.

Y/n sputtered, trying to come up with a response to that, but her blush got worse as she realized she'd been undeniably caught red handed. "Um, yeah, I'll be there." She looked at her feet.

On pure instinct Paul hooked his finger under her chin, raising her eyes to his, and kept her gaze as he spoke. His heart rammed against his ribs, and he was sure that his cool outside appearance was fooled because surely she could hear it? ...It seemed not. "Good," he said almost smoothly, his voice wavering ever so softly with nervousness. "I'll need my good luck charm."

Y/n smiled, her chill act gone. She stood on her tip toes, her lips brushing Paul's ear, and the poor boy froze as his blood ran so hot it felt like he was going to burst into flames. She was so close... "Well in that case, you can count on me." Then, ever so softly, she placed a kiss on his cheek leaned back, and practically skipped away, the bounce in her step so prominent John laughed proudly as he watched the exchange from afar.

John joined Paul, who touched his cheek, his eyes wide and innocent, as if he couldn't quite wrap his mind around the feel of her lips being there only moments before. "She kissed me," Paul whispered to John, awed.

John laughed harder. "That she did," the brunette noted, shaking his head. He wrapped his arm around Paul's shoulders, smiling to himself as he pictured what Paul would be thinking when they REALLY kissed for the first time. The was honestly so adorable...

"She kissed me," Paul whispered again, his fingers pushing into his cheeks like they were fake and he was trying to get to the real skin underneath. John didn't have to feel it to tell that his skin burned where she'd left her mark of affectionate flirting.

"Breathe, Paul," John coached calmly, still smiling. He wondered how annoying Paul would get now. If he'd been hard to tolerate before, now he actually had things to talk about. And he'd probably only have more going from here. If this small exchange spoke of anything, the fool was a;ready whipped and it would be John's job to listen to every story ten times and pretend he wasn't annoyed. God have mercy on his soul as he tried to deal with his blonde, love struck best friend.