I See You (Newt)

The fire's flames danced and made Newt look weird

The fire's flames danced and made Newt look weird. made him look broken and faded. Gave him the appearance of an image flickering on a computer screen.

Our eyes were locked.

I sat on a log, arms behind me and propping me up. My legs were crossed, the foot on top bouncing a bit. We looked at each other and did not break eye contact. We just looked. 

He was grinning like a kid on Christmas. I was smirking like I knew a secret no one else did.

He was fidgeting, moving like holding still would kill him. I was almost still, focused, zoned in on him.

His eyes smoldered and churned and looked at me like he was trying to send an urgent message just with his look. My eyes shone with mischief, like I'd pulled a prank successfully and I was watching my victim complain.

He stood and walked over to me, standing in front of me. he didn't wait to ask, he just pulled me to my feet and into his chest. His lips pressed against my ear, his warm breath tickling my earlobe and upper neck. "I need you."

Smirking, I stepped back. "Come and get me then." And I turned around and took off. I was sure he'd follow. And when we got far enough from the crowd and the roaring fire, I could hear him following me too.

My smirk only grew.

-

A/n: Some fun short thing while I binge update really fast because I'm back from the dead and I have a fire under my ass XD