First Kiss (Newt)

A/n: This is going to be short because I really just want to get these out there so you guys can enjoy them, I apologize

A/n: This is going to be short because I really just want to get these out there so you guys can enjoy them, I apologize... Thanks for your patience I'm just really fucked up right now :(

---

"Do you know if Newt has a boyfriend?" I looked over, cocking an eyebrow. Theresa sat next to me on the tower, looking down at the boys below us like she half wanted to kill all of them and half wanted to meet all of them.

"No, he doesn't," I told her firmly. My Newt, I thought protectively. I didn't say that, though. Newt and I had only BARELY started dating and with how shy he was and respectful I was, we were moving slow and it was driving me crazy. It drove everyone else crazy too because thy just wanted us to get it the shuck over with.

"Do you think he's gay then?" She asked, following up her previous question.

"He's straight," I managed through grit teeth.

"He's really cute, yeah? And that accent..."

WAIT WHAT?

How would she even know? She'd been awake for like five seconds and the only contact she'd had with the other boys were when she was up on this bloody tower throwing klunk at them. Well, not klunk, but... Stuff. She was throwing stuff at them.

"Yes. He's hot. Very much so. And his accent is shucking goals, okay? He's wonderful and amazing and I promise he's also not int you."

"Whoa there, cowgirl, slow your roll," Theresa stated soothingly. I, on the other hand, wasn't paying attention. I'd been up on this tower too long. If she wasn't going to come down then fine. I wasn't going to sit here and talk about how hot and sexy MY boyfriend was with some new chick in the glade. When I shimmied down the latter my feet hit the dirt hard and I took off storming away the second I let go of the bars. I wasn't even completely stable and I tripped, stumbling. Thank goodness Newt was there to catch me, or I probably would have landed flat on my back.

"Whoa there, cowgirl," Newt says flirtatiously, smirking at me. "Slow your roll."

So there may be a pattern of speech here, as one may have noticed.

Cowgirl was not a jab at anything except my thick southern accent and my knack for taming and coaxing animals. That's why I worked with them. I 'was a natural.' The whole "slow your roll" thing was a reference to my first day here. I was so starving and, having a big appetite, I was excited for dinner. That night I snuck meat and bread and made little bread rolls, shoving them in my mouth and swallowing faster than I could make them. Considering the fact that I could make them in maybe ten seconds... Not to mention they were not small. When some Gladers found me, one used the pun "Slow your roll, there!" and now everyone says it all the time.

It usually bothered me, because I was not a cowgirl nor was I proud of my midnight hog fest, but now it inflamed me, because Theresa, who apparently noticed shucking everything about the shucking glade that she'd only JUST SHUCKING COME TO could pick up on Newt's attractiveness AND the stupid little catchphrase everyone seemed to have for me. Fired up with annoyance, plain anger, and flaming jealously, I lost all sense of thought, and when I realized that Theresa was looking down at us with a cocked eyebrow and a worried expression, I did it without thinking.

What was it that I did?

Well, I intertwined my fingers in Newt's collar and pulled him hard as shuck down to kiss me that's what it was.

Newt jumped, his hands moving to my waist on instinct, but we were surrounded my whoops and hollers and slowly my face got really warm. When I pulled back, I couldn't look up at Newt, I just stormed away. Everyone was still wolf whistling and making kissy noises, but over all of it I heard, "Y/N! Y/N WAIT UP!" And I turned to see Newt jog up to me. With a huge grin on his face, his confused look was almost weird on his face. "What... why... not that I'm complaining I just... You kissed me."

"Bloody right I did!" I huffed. "Theresa just - ooh that girl just makes me want to - uGH!" I threw my arms up in the air and I turned to look at Newt again. His ginormous, cocky smirk threw me off and I looked down. He moved close to me, hooking his fingers under my chin and pulling up, forcing em to meet his gaze.

"You're undeniably sexy when you're jealous." And then he kissed me again.

He was cocky then, but what I didn't know and would only hear later was that when I kissed him, Newt was in total shock and turned into a stuttering mess right then and there. He was grinning and laughing and giggling in such a dorky, unattractive way. (Minho's words, not mine) He ran his fingers across his mouth, pulling on his lips, and when he let go his grin was so wide and goofy it hurt to see.

Theresa also came to me later and explained that she had not meant the words she'd said about Newt. In fact, she'd noticed the awkward tension between us and the obviousness in how we were either a new item or two friends madly in love and she used my jealousy to get me to take action. "In fact," she told me. "I think Thomas is more my type." She nudged my shoulder and we both chuckled, and I'd made a friend.

That night I was  kept awake but the thought of Newt's reaction and how things had changed since I kissed him. We were more fluid and natural in our relationship now...

It was very satisfying.

Imagining Newt's reaction made me blush and laugh, and the whole night I couldn't get over how dorky my boyfriend was.

My boyfriend.

Mine.

All mine.

Newt was my boyfriend.

Wow.

Okay maybe I was a dork too.

That made me laugh harder.

Simply said, I didn't get much sleep that night.

---

A/n: Hey that actually wasn't that short! I just had to get started haha, love you guys <3