Comicon💜 (Thomas)

As I walked in, I couldn't help but get distracted by the wonderful chaos. The costumes and bustle and colored noise. I went to walk off, eyes wide and heart swollen too big for my chest to really contain it, but I was stopped by my boyfriend pulling on my hip, tugging me back to his side. The want to disappear into the Wonderland slipped to 5e back of my mind as my body filled with irritation. My boyfriend. Ugh. He was dressed up with his friends as the beetles. He was Paul and I was... a side hoe I guess. I don't even know. His friend Michael, dressed as John Lennon, winked at a girl and she rolled her eyes, disgusted. Good for her.

I hated this. Him touching me and dragging men around, not paying attention to me but broadcasting me in my uncomfortably sexy clothing he'd picked out for me. It was strange. thought that I loved him. I mean, I knew I had. Once. But I'd come to see that in the end, he was an arse. A complete and total douche bag.

He leaned close, wanting my constant attention on him. "Come along little darling," he cooed in a low voice. "Go get us some food?" He asked sexily. I looked over to see him winking at a passing girl. I scoffed and snatched the money out of his hand. I don't even think there was food at comicon, but how would I know? I'd never gone before.

He and his friends wolf whistled as I left. I covered my chest with folded arms and stormed off. Luckily for me he would be occupied and wouldn't miss me. I looked for a bathroom and slipped in, changing out of my "costume" (were the beetles even comicon characters?) and pulling on my jeans and t-shirt which had been tucked in my bag for the second when we'd left. But nope. I didn't want to be in it a single second longer.

Leaving the bathroom, I let my mind wander. For the last week, I'd been dating the monster that I'd been dating because I was holding out for the Comicon tickets. I felt kinda bad using him... but hey. He'd used me for much worse so I didn't really feel bad.

Without meaning to, I found him and his friends again. My heart stopped to see him at ease, smiling and relaxed with that dazzling smile that had long ago won me over. His hands were at rest and he was still and loose. Relaxed. My body yearned for him like this. When he was himself and fun and easy to be around. When he was calm and not under pressure and was all up to make me laugh and kiss me innocently and tickle me and cuddle and...

And then I saw the other girl.

She was blushing and grinning, her body moving in a flirty way as she leaned towards him, listening far too intently to be only casually interested as he talked about whatever. The way those warm eyes of his locked on her, stealing looks at her body when she blinked or looked down or pretended to be coy and shy. The scene was like deja vu, watching our first interaction through the eyes of a third party person. It was insane to see things that I would have missed, over taken by his beauty and voice and charisma and proximity and attention. Things this girl was missing.

The worst part is that I wasn't even sad. Or shocked. I was r depressed or angry or agonized. I felt... nothing, other than a pang of pity for the girl.

He must have felt my eyes because he looked up and our gazes locked. He looked ready to rush and defend himself to me, but then he saw my complete inner peace and he dropped the act, showing me his true apathetic person. His face went blank and he seemed to say, 'Well. Act's up.'

Nodding, I simply confirmed. 'Yup. Goodbye.' He nodded back in a farewell and then turned back to the girl, coming alive again. I shook my head and turned, leaving the group. I had no wanting to go over there and it wasn't until it was too late that I even thought to seek out and warn the girl.

Just like that, I was single and completely uninterested and unmotivated to look around the rest of comicon. So I left.

Despite everything, I left with a heavy heart. It'd been ruined for me since he was there, despite having always wanted to go. One day I'd go with my own money and no guy and have a grand old time. I unlocked the car and pulled out my guitar in its case from the trunk.