Can We... Not?

"What if they don't like me?" I asked as we drove

"What if they don't like me?" I asked as we drove. "What if we're walking and I trip and fall on my face? What if I embarrassed you? What if I embarrass myself? Oh my gosh I'm me of course I'm going to embarrass myself." My eyes went wide. "What if I say something and it gets taken the wrong way because it comes wrong? What if I pull a Dan Howell and my social awkwardness mixes with someone else who has social awkwardness and we become the Louis and Dan of the group? Oh my gosh, T homes, I just thought of something! What if-"

"Y/n!" Thomas urged, looking over at me with wide eyes. "Why are you playing the what if game? You're going to be fine, Love!" He relaxed, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles. "I promise you. They'll love you. I know it."

I sighed, knowing that I was making a big deal out of nothing. I'm sure they'd like me. They were pretty cool, from what I'd seen on TV and in interviews and even from what Thomas told me. But I have such anxiety. What ifs seemed to be the only thing swimming in my vision, do I dances and singing on the top of their lungs, grabbing my attention against my will and throwing their message in my face no matter how I try to ignore it...

Then the car stopped and Thomas was getting out. I sat in my seat, petrified, as Thomas came around and opened my door, offering me a reassuring and encouraging smile and a comforting hand to help me out. I took his offer and he pulled me up. He lead me into the building, moving one hand around my hip then bringing the other over to put under the hand that had been around his arm, as if supporting me, or waiting for me to pass out. I knew he was just trying to make me feel safe and protected, and I majorly appreciated it.

"THOMAS!" A voice squealed. I tensed up and we both looked over to see a girl with long dark crimpy yet slightly, prettily wild hair run up to us, her beautiful face broken into a grin so wide it immediately made me smile, the level of contagiousness almost impressive.

"Kaya," Thomas greeted in turn, nodding with a smile of his own. She looked at me, her eyes lighting up even more with excitement. God she was gorgeous.

"You must be Y/n!" She squeaked excitedly.

"Yeah," I affirmed, chuckling.

"Come on!" She urged, grabbing my hand and dragging em along. She started jogging and dropped my hand and I looked over at Thomas, who was chuckling jollily.

"She gets very overexcited," Thomas explained. "But she's occasionally very chill. Never calm, but more chilled than... Well, than this."

Shaking my head, I intertwined our fingers, pulling him next to me. "I love her energy, it calmed me down a lot in literally a millisecond. It was great to see her so enthused.

Thomas looked excited too now. "That's Kaya for you." We followed after Kaya to where I assumed everyone else is. When we walked through a door - Thomas guided us since Kaya had taken off - and I was proven right as the open door revealed the whole cast of the Maze Runner, all sitting around in set chairs, talking and laughing, babbling excitedly. I blushed as they all looked over and became rowdy. I recognized a few as Dylan O'Brien, Kaya,and of course, Ki Hong Lee. Dylan got to me first, taking my hand in a shake. We exchanged nods. In fact, I exchanged a friendly nod of greeting with everyone that approached me, and I felt suddenly very comfortable, as if around a bunch of very familiar people.

"This is-" Thomas began.

"Oh, I know who they are," I interrupted. "I don't think anyone in the fandom doesn't." Thomas looked at me with a teasing grin and I winced when I realized that I'd totally given myself away.

"No way!" Dylan exclaimed. "You're a fan of the Maze Runner?"

"Big fan," Thomas explained. I hit his arm but he ignored me. I'd sealed my fate, and ti was too late to go back. "She squealed when I got the part. She was probably more excited than I was." Everyone laughed and I looked at Thomas, mortified. He only winked back. This embarrassing teasing was something common between the two of us.

Kaya placed a hand on my arm, snagging my attention. "Don't worry," she soothed me. "We can get him back for you." She smirked and Thomas' face drained of color, his smile dropping. "We have SO MANY embarrassing stories to tell." Her grin only grew as she spoke.

"Let's NOT," Thomas interjected, shooting everyone a look like, You guys are supposed to be on my side!

I covered a laugh. "I would love to hear them," I encouraged.

"This way," Ki Hong told me, motioning to the circle to chairs. Only a few others were here. Will, Blake, and even Wes the director. There was a seat with Thomas' name on it and that was where Thomas sat. I hovered by him awkwardly for a second before Thomas noticed, shooting to his feet and offering his chair, jogging to go get an abandoned one from the side. I smiled. He was such a gentleman I wondered if I deserved him sometimes.

"So you're Thomas' infamous girlfriend?" Blake asked. Both Thomas and I went scarlet.

"Infamous, huh?" I asked, looking at Thomas with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh yeah!" Will interjected. His voice rose in pitch, as if to imitate Thomas', even though I was sure Thomas' voice was lower than his - though I could be mistaken. "Y/n would love this set! Oh my god I wish Y/n was here." He snored. "Y/n you're here..." Another snore, as if he was asleep. He stopped the act and went back to normal, and by now everyone was cracking up except Thomas, who's face was flame red.

Dylan sat forward. "I remember the time that we were filming a scene for when we get drunk by the bonfire on my character Thomas' first day and we-" his laughter cut him off a bit. "We leaned in to kiss because we were so close together, as like, a joke, of course, and-" He rubbed his eyes, everyone laughing just as hard as him. "Oh god when we stopped, right before we kissed, he felt so guilty when it went public because eh thought... Oh goodness you should have seen him, Y/n he was frantic when you wouldn't pick up."

My eyes found Thomas', but he looked away so quickly I wasn't sure they'd met at all.

"Ooh!" Ki Hong exclaimed. "Then there was that one time that Thomas fell asleep on set and among his monstrous snores," Ki Hong began, "He was saying your name and making all kinds of fuss." Ki Hong winked at me and I blushed, hiding a small behind my hand.

"But besides the you-related embarrassments," Kaya interrupted, "We have more stories." Everyone was grinning now and Thomas just sunk in his chair, covering his face. It seemed he had accepted that he could not stop or prevent this, despite how much he obviously wanted to.

"We were going through a scene where Brenda and Thomas - charters from the book, not actors - are going through this sewer, and the set was all slimy and gross. Thomas was passing and he caught a really good pit and BAM, flat on his back!" Will told me.

"In the first movie," Wes says, "He was running to do the Ben-attacks-Thomas scene and he tripped and ate grass, I'm not even kidding."

"Oh yeah!" Aml agreed. "He was totally picking grass out of his teeth..." They were all chuckling and I was laughing so hard I had to hold my stomach.

"There was this one time that we were messing around on set," Blake begins. "And Thomas smacked his head so hard on an overlaying bar that he was out cold. I thought he died and I was so scared I screamed." Blake shook his head, still grinning despite the mixed embarrassment from his side at well at the story he was telling.

"I knew you were clumsy," I told Thomas, laying my hand on his leg. "But maybe I didn't realize quite the full extent." Thomas groans, his head falling back. "In fact, I've got stories of my own..."

"CAN WE NOT?" Thomas explained, sitting up straight in his chair. He was humiliated, but smiling as well, glad to see that his girlfriend was getting along with some of his best mates. Everyone laughed harder.

Easily said, they liked her, and the group of them hung out many times after.