Strum (Paul)💜

@aewhite624 did all my little Paul lovers a favor and sent in a Paul request, so here's to all my Paul girls <3 I do put a description to the reader so SORRY for that oof lol.

---

To simply say that I'd heard a lot about Paul McCartney would be a horribly deflated, unsatisfactory way of explaining it- a drastic de-dramatization. In all truth, I'd heard nothing BUT of Paul McCartney. Coming from my brother, of all people, I swore for the longest time that he was gay for how often he so fondly spoken of boy.

But, before I get to into it, I guess I really should explain just exactly how I came to know I had a brother at all.

My entire life I was sure I was completely and utterly alone. My mother loved me, and my father was supportive, and my friends were... there, I guess. Never did I have what I yearned for most, though: A connection. I wished for a strong, unbreakable bond - it was what I wished for more than anything. So, when my "parents" sat me down one day when I was twelve and told me I was adopted, I realized for once that I prayed so hard for it because, all along, very deep down, I knew the truth from the second that I could register my hair was brown and my eyes were a soft green, and my mother and father were both brown-eyed red heads. Which was a young age. I could remember the exact moment when I looked in the mirror one day, while doing my hair, and noticed my hair looked rather good that day - just to have my mom join me, brushing her teeth. It grabbed my attention that her hair was almost like fire under the lights, beautiful. I could imagine the times from her teenage years, in the stories she told me, when she used to run with the boys, get muddy, sass back at her parents, and wear pants. I could picture her hair wild and crazy, bouncing around her, her freckled cheeks slashed with mud, her gorgeous brown eyes alight with mischief. So, sitting there in that room at twelve, looking at my parents, so similar to each other, with their other kids so similar to them, and then reflecting on my own looks, so strikingly different, I simply stood and left the room when they told me.

I wasn't shocked. I was simply offended it took them so long to tell me, and so long for me to put the pieces together completely.

Not long after, when I was about fourteen, I went on a desperate search to find my birth mother. The trail lead me to John Lennon, band member in the Beetles. Talk about living in someone's shadow when my dream was also to be a musician.

He explained to me of how our mother had died, and how she was the only parent we had in common as far as he knew. As she was also the only fact we knew about each other, we sat down for a very long time and talked into the very late hours of the next day. We survived off of sugar and caffeine to keep us going for hours. It was amazing. When I told him that I myself had an interest in singing, the conversation exploded, and we suddenly had an endless amount of things to talk about. I left out the fact that I couldn't play guitar. I wanted to feel equal to him, and telling your ridiculously talented brother that you couldn't do something as simple as play the guitar bothered me too much to go through with it. After that first day, he convinced me to move in with him. He had a place of his own and the house was very lonely - not like he was offering it because I had nowhere else to go and he didn't want me to leave or anything....

For a week he let me adjust before taking any further action towards fitting me into his life. Slowly we made a pattern where I would cook and clean while he was gone, then the two of us would eat dinner, or lunch, depending on when he would return, and after we would jam. He would play and the both of us would duet. I used the excuse that I'd been working all day and that because of this my hands were too sore to properly play. He would complain that I was working too hard and then I would work just as hard the next day anyway. A week of this passed, and John thought it was time for me to meet his band, and I agreed. I had not heard much about the Beetles except the surrounding towns and what my researching to get here had revealed to me time and time again. They weren't overwhelmingly famous, but they were growing fast in popularity and status. Apparently every girl within a sixty kilometer radius of the boys when they played swooned and cried because they were lucky enough to be so close to such talent.