Confess (Jojen)💜

As we all slipped away from the fighting and fire, Jojen pulling Bran away from Jon, so tantalizingly close now that the young boy almost didn't resist

As we all slipped away from the fighting and fire, Jojen pulling Bran away from Jon, so tantalizingly close now that the young boy almost didn't resist. Almost. As always, Jojen is there to steer Bran to the correct path.

We were about to slip away, unscathed and finally safe, when everything hit the fan.

Behind everyone else, I'm the only one who saw the man running at Jojen, just in front of me. I didn't want to alert anyone nearby as to where and who we were by yelling, so instead I reacted on what my second instinct was: I raced to meet the man and stop him. When he got close, brandishing a knife he was ready to sink into Jojen's back, my mind blank and I simply jumped between the man and Jojen. The blade plunged into me instead and I made a noise that was half grunt and half whimper.

Mental note: I am not good under pressure.

The world turned on its head as my knees give out. Suddenly I was falling,  Jojen crashing to his knees to catch me and make sure I was okay. Meera attacked the man and I registered distantly that she killed him. It happened so fast... Suddenly it was over, and the pain was sinking in and then, everyone was around me.

Emotion visibly choked everyone up as the need to survive and escape mixed with the pain of seeing me die and the chaos ensuing only a foot or two away. Meets placed her hand over her mouth, eyes wide. Hodor whimpered. Bran's eyes teared up, his body frozen in shock. Jojen suddenly stood, scooped me up, and I had time to bury my face in his chest to muffle my moans of pain. "Come on," he snaps at the others. Hodor carried Bran and the five of us were off, running into hiding.

When Meera and Jojen both finally agreed that we were far enough from the enemies, Jojen put me down and Meera took time only to set her things down before taking off to see if there were any nearby herbs that could lend some help. Hodor set Bran next to me and the three men look at me, shaking like leaves in the wind. "Buckle up," I joked, whining at the sharp pain that flies through me. No one smiled.

Bran and Hodor fall asleep before Meera finally came back. Jojen leaned against the nearest tree, his eyes scanning for his sister as he stood, poised and tensed and ready. "Jojen?" I call quietly. He looks down at me, kneeling to get close to me now that I need him. "If I die..."

His face twists. "You are not going to die," he spits out aggressively.

I smile, reaching out for him. "There's something I never had the courage to say. Until now," I continue as if he didn't say anything at all. He's surprised how I want him, but he gives me his hand as I bring his hand to my face, kissing his knuckles. Jojen's eyes go wide and I swear I see his heart stop through his pupils.

 Jojen's eyes go wide and I swear I see his heart stop through his pupils