Chapter 8

At some point during the movie I must have fallen asleep because suddenly I was waking up. I sat up and rubbed my eyes tiredly, I realized that I had been moved to my sleeping bag, along with everyone else.

I squinted at the Tv screen that was still on and yawned. I looked around and found that Sasuke wasn't in his sleeping bag. I looked towards the kitchen a saw a small light on. I rolled my eyes; typical, he was getting his middle of the night tomato, I know, ridiculous.

Finding myself parched, I got up and waddled into the kitchen. I pushed open the door quietly, saw Sasuke's back to me, ignored it, and found a cup. I went to the fridge and held it under the water dispenser. After it was full, I took a sip and sat on the counter next to Sasuke. He side-glanced me as I side-glanced him, then we both smiled.

"When you know you're best friend inside and out-" I start, raising my glass as if I'm toasting.

"-that you have the same nighttime ritual as them." He finishes, raising his tomato in the air and then we clinked our items together. We then laughed. I finished my water and he finished his favorite snack before we made our way back into the living room. Sasuke turned off the Tv and dvd player while I went around and made sure everyone was covered in their blankets. I then made my way back to my sleeping bag in the dark.

I bumped into something causing me to fall, earning a small squeak from me and a grunt from something else. I landed with a thump on top of someone else. There was silence for a moment before we both giggled quietly.

"You are so clumsy Sakura." Sasuke whispered.

"Maybe you should've been watching where you were going." I countered.

"Hey! You bumped into me!" I put my fingers to his lips to make sure he wasn't getting too loud, but it was a failed effort as we both burst out laughing again. There was some stirring from the others so we quickly covered each other's mouths to stifle the laughter. When it was silent again, letting us know that we were off the hook, we removed our hands.

"how annoying." Sasuke said and I could just hear the eye roll. I giggled again and gave him a slight reminder.

"And I'm the only one who can annoy you." I say bopping his nose- well tried to but I think I hit his cheek instead- and got up off of him. "Goodnight Sasuke." I whispered, climbing into the sleeping bag.

"Hn"

"Rude" I replied.

"Night Sakura." He said after a moment and I could hear the smile in his voice. I smiled before pulling the sleeping bag over my shoulders. It didn't take long for me to be enveloped by sleep.

* * *

A little bit into the third grade year, something revolutionary happened to me. It was during lunch time in the cafeteria while I was in line to grab my lunch. The others had been in front of me and had already reached the table as I was finishing up.

"Hey pinkie" a familiar voice called. I rolled my eyes, being used to the bullies and chose to just ignored it. "Hey pinkie, I'm talking to you."

"If you want to talk to me, learn my name!" I snapped, becoming annoyed. I picked up my tray and started to walk away. Suddenly a hand gripped my hair and pulled my back, I squeaked in surprise. I was spun around and I looked into the eyes of my arch nemesis.

She, yes it's a she, has bright red hair, smooth on one side a bit wild on the other. She had pale skin and black glasses that sat upon her nose. She was the president of Sasuke's fan club and was probably the most annoying girl in school, at least in my opinion, too bad she's popular. She goes by the name Karin Uzumaki.