Chapter 40

Sakura~

Slowly, I opened my eyes. And then I immediately closed them. Everything in my room was annoying and wrong. The light was too bright, the sheets felt sticky against my skin and my phone dinged with a text message. 

I groaned as my head pounded and throbbed; I had way too much to drink last night. I ever so slightly opened my eyes, the process long and grueling. I squinted against the spinning and harsh light and threw my arm around to find my phone. I could feel my brain hammering against my skull and almost regretted drinking so much last night. Almost. I did deserve this pain. 

I finally found my phone and squinted at the screen. It told me I had a text message from Temari but I didn't have the energy to read what it said. I don't think I could even if I tried. 

My stomach churned and I knew I was in for the worst. I threw off the covers and clambered out of bed, stumbling towards the bathroom, pushing past someone and making it just in time to throw up in the toilet. 

Hey, points to me for making it to a bowl and not yacking on the carpet. Temari would have killed me. 

I wiped at my mouth and pulled the handle on the toilet. It took a moment before it finally registered that I was not alone. 

I looked up from my pitiful spot on the floor and found Sasuke, leaning against the door frame, a glass of water in one hand and something else in the other. 

I groaned and rested my forehead against the cold toilet seat. I felt my cheeks flush and the embarrassment set in. At least he really couldn't see me any worse. 

He sat down next to me and handed me the water glass. "Here." He said, and put a couple of ibuprofen in my hands. I gratefully tipped my head back, wincing at the action, and swallowed the pills. 

I couldn't bring myself to look at him. I felt ashamed and embarrassed and I wish he would just leave. 

"Um . . . not to seem rude, but. . . what are you doing here?" I whispered.

"Temari asked me to watch you." 

I scoffed, shaking my head but stopping when the action sent a searing pain through my skull. 

"I don't need to be babysat," I muttered, "and since when do you take requests?" 

Instead of answering me, he got up and walked out of the bathroom. 

I huffed. Typical. 

After a moment longer of self wallowing, I finally managed to peel myself off of the bathroom floor. As I looked in the mirror, I poked at the bags under my eyes, sighed, washed my face, pulled my hair back and walked out. 

I timidly sat at the counter top. Sasuke turned and placed an omelet, bacon and some toast in front of me before leaning against the counter in front of me and eating his own serving. He stared at me like he had a question to ask and I could only stare at my place while I poked at the food. 

I felt like I was an awkward one night stand ho was asked to stay for breakfast as a courtesy- unwanted guest. Which was stupid of me to feel seeing as this was my own damn house. 

My eyes grew wide. This was my house wasn't it? I didn't wander around in my stupor last night and end up in Sasuke's? I quickly looked up and around. I breathed a sigh of relief when everything was definitely mine and Temari's. 

I took a bite of my omelet. It was dressed with onions, seasoned tomatoes, cheese and pepper and was easily one of the best meals I have had in my life. I had no idea he could do much cooking considering it was always I who was in the kitchen with his mother and he was no where to be found.