Chapter 12

The Alarm blared to life and I lazy slapped the thing until my hand finally hit the snooze. It was too early for this; the perks of being home-schooled was you could sleep however long you wanted. 

"Fuck I hate the mornings." I hear; as you can tell Temari isn't really a morning person. I sat up groggily and blinked the morning haze out of my eyes. I sat up on my mattress and let myself wake up a little. For sleeping arrangements, Temari and I had settled for setting our mattresses down in the living room and setting up an alarm clock. The best you can really do when you've just moved. 

I got up and stretched my limbs, I then hunted for the coffee maker and supplies before I found them and started a pot. I then found a box labeled 'my clothes' and opened it. I decided that I should try to dress to impress today so I managed to find a pair of my nice high-waisted jeans and some heels. I found a white blouse that had a knot tied at the stomach in a beachy sort of way and some kind of flower bud pattern on it. I got a red head band that matched my heels and styled it into my just-barely longer-than-my-chin cherry blossom pink hair. 

"Oh, so It's going to be one of those days is it?" Temari asks and I turn around. "Can't say you don't look good though. Alright I'm in." She says, although she could dress however she liked. I went to the kitchen to check on the coffee as she hunted down her stuff. I poured us each a cup and prepared it as each of us liked it. 

Soon Temari joined me in the kitchen with her outfit picked out. Since it was fall and cold weather was approaching, she also wore jeans but hers had stylish rips in them. She had on black heels and a short sleeve aqua shirt that sometimes slides up to expose her stomach but for the most part covers it, with creme lace on the sleeves and lining the bottom. She had her hair in her usual four pony tails and I have to admit, we looked ready to conquer the world. 

"Daaaayyyuuummm, you look fine." I say, complimenting her the way best friends do. 

"right back at ya. After all I couldn't let you have all the fun and steal the spotlight. Good idea on dressing to impress though. Guess it wouldn't hurt to make a good first impression on this new school especially since you haven't been to a public school since the third grade." She rambled. 

I only shrugged and handed her her coffee. "There's going to be people I used to know there and I don't really know how they'll react. So I guess we are just going to play it by year and I felt like I needed the extra confidence going into this." I voice my thoughts.

"palease. I'm the only confidence you need." She winks and bumps me with a small chuckle. 

"haha, yeah whatever." I say, rolling my eyes and bumping her back. We finished our coffee and sighed at the mess that our house was at the moment. We would fix it later, we promised but it might not be till the weekend. 

After our coffee was finished we touched up our outfits and grabbed anything we would need to get us through the day. We locked up the house and got into Temari's car, old but usually dependable, and we were off to school. 

It wasn't a particularly far drive - we probably could have easily walked, but we are lazy teenagers and driving suits us better. We drove through my old neighborhood and the things I used to know, took a right, traveled a block further and there was the high school. Temari pulled into the schools parking lot, which was already teaming with kids and finally found a parking spot after driving up and down the aisles for five minutes. 

We waited as the bell had just rung and decided to avoid the swarm of students before making our way to the principal's office. The halls were empty and it was just mine and Temari's heels clacking against the tile. I knocked on the office door and a chirpy voice invited us in. I looked to Temari and she only shrugged. I pushed open the door and we were met with a wide smile from a semi-young girl with short black hair. The name tag on her desk deemed her as the vice president and the many pig ornaments around her desk suggested she was very much infatuated with them. 

"Hello, you must be the new transfer students." She says standing up, she bows. "I'm Shizune, the vice principal here at Konoha high." 

I bowed in return. "Haruno Sakura and this is Temari." I introduce. 

"Nice to see you both. The head principal is just in there. She'll help you with the schedule and lay down some basic rules. When you are done I will show you to your homeroom class." 

"Alright thank you." We reply and make our way to the principal's office. Temari is the one to knock this time and we are greeted by a very irritated reply. 

"Come in, come in." It says harshly, from her voice I guess its a woman. We hastily push through the door and we are greeted by a large chested woman with two blonde pigtails and an angry demeanor. 

'ah crap' I thought, I couldn't help but make a face. 'it's Tsunade, apparently she's become the high school principal in my absence.' 

"-And that's the last of it. Goodbye!" She yells into the phone and then slams it down on the receiver, causing me to jump. "Sorry about that girls. Please sit down." She gestures to the chairs in front of her desk without taking her eyes off of her computer screen. "Troubling transfer students, causes more paper work for me." She mumbles irritably as we sit down. 

She shoves some papers to us, "There are your class schedules as well as school policy and rules I advise you to read and follow." She gives a pointed glance to me. "I wish I wasn't so busy and could give you a proper introduction but I'm afraid I'll have to leave it to Shizune. If you need anything try and bother her first. I expect no trouble, especially out of you Sakura," I was going to to say something to this but she continued before I could work it in, "But it is nice to see you none the less. Shizune will see you to your homeroom." 

Temari and I began to take our papers and stood up. "Hurry off you two, I have a lot of stuff to do." She barked, causing Temari and I to hustle out of her office and leave her to her mountains of paper work. We heard her pick up the phone again and starting shouting some words into it. 

We looked over to the vice principal with questioning glances as she sweat dropped. "Here are you lockers and locker combs," She says a little wearily. "I tried to get them as close as I could to each other but with you coming so late in the air was a little trouble." 

"Oh, no worries, thanks for the effort." Temari says and we take the extra addition of papers from her. 

"I'll take you to your homeroom now and get you settled." She said with a smile and we only nodded in response. We let her lead us through the hallways and as we went she gave us a brief layout of the school. She told us the halls and how the classrooms worked, as well as bathrooms and the library. She warned us to stay out of the east wing, which was under maintenance and could mean serious trouble if one was caught there. 

It wasn't long before Shizune stopped in front of a classroom and gave a polite knock. Shizune poked her head in, "Sorry to interrupt, but your transfer students are here." She said. 

"thanks, go ahead and send them in." A male voice responds. Shizune steps back from the door and gives us an encouraging nod. 

"Go ahead girls and good luck, If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask." She says. We thank her one last time and watch as she retreats down the hall. 

"Are you ready for this?" Temari asks. 

I take a deep breathe, "Ready as I'll ever be." I say. 

"Alright class, as you know we have two transfer students, both from the Sand." We hear from behind the door. I let Temari lead and push the door open. "One is returning to Konoha, so I expect a warm welcome." We stand in front of the class and I decide to flash a close eyed smile so I wouldn't have to look at anyone I once new but still seem friendly. "Class this is Temari." 

She bows politely, "Pleased to meet you all." 

"And I like to welcome back miss Sakura Haruno." 

I bow as well, "It's nice to see you all again." I say and I feel the stunned silence crushing down on me like a boulder. 

~~~~~~~~~~