Chapter 23

I was surprised with how many people were here. 

Temari and I had ran home, showered and changed before walking down the street to Sasuke's house. 

I slowed down when we were walking past my house, it was strange to see it again. 

Cars lined the streets and filled Sasuke's driveway. I was glad I had decided to leave the car at home, I wouldn't have been able to find a place to park otherwise. 

I took a deep breath before entering his house. I felt nostalgic being back here. 

As soon as I stepped into the threshold, I was bumped and jostled. Temari actually yelled at someone for stepping on her toes. 

There was loud music pumping through the house and I felt it vibrate my bones. There were bodies everywhere and many of whom were drunk. I spotted a keg stand and a table for beer pong going on. There were solo cups everywhere along with food and people dancing. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little overwhelmed. 

I wondered where Sasuke's parents were. I knew his mother would absolutely not stand for this nor would his father so I imagined they must have been out of town. I imagined that Itachi must be in college by now, probably studying to become a lawyer or doctor or something. 

"Sakuuuurraaaa! you made it!" Someone squealed and I was crushed in a hug. It was Ino. She had the smell of alcohol on her breath and she was undeniably tipsy. 

"Oh hey Ino," I say as I try and support as she throws her arm around my shoulders and leans her weight against me. She takes a swig from the cup she had in her other hand. 

"It's about time you came to one of these things. It's so much fun!! There's all types of drinks in the kitchen. Get loose and have some fun!" She says and gives me a shove, I stumbled forward. I looked back but she disappeared, lost in the crowd. 

I had no intention of drinking tonight, so I avoided the kitchen. I'm a terrible drunk and I hate how I feel the next morning. I can't say the same for Temari though. 

"C'mon! let's dance!" yelled Temari over the loud music. She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor. She had a red solo cup in her hand (God knows where she got it but it didn't surprise me) and took a big swig of it before tossing it aside. 

I was a little stiff, I think it may be because I was aware that there were many people I knew here. I bounced lightly and moved my hands a little but I couldn't stop my eyes from wandering the crowd. 

Naruto and Kiba were in what looked like a very intense match of beer pong, Ino was taking her shot at the keg stand, I found Ten Ten bouncing around and managing the music, Hinata was in a corner, making light conversation with some girls from the volleyball team and I was surprised to find Neji with a solo cup. 

I'm sure I would bump into more people I knew as most the school was here, but there was one person who I couldn't decide if I did or did not want to bump into. 

I was getting thirsty so I told Temari I would be back and headed to the kitchen in search of a non-alcoholic drink. 

Low and behold, upon entering the kitchen, there was Sasuke, taking a long swig out of his drink and his usual scowl upon his face. I guess that was the answer to my previous problem, the decision was made for me. 

There were other people here, refilling their drinks or doing whatever else so it wasn't like we were alone. I avoided looking at him and brave the adventure to look for a drink. 

I eventually ended up grabbing a cup and settling for some tap water. I didn't trust anything else. 

I walked past Sasuke and turned on the water. I felt someone's gaze on me and side glanced Sasuke.