Chapter 20

Ever since winning the game, it was like I had become my own little celebrity. I hadn't been at this school long, but those who didn't know me before certainly know me now and that was the last thing I wanted.

I didn't like the attention, I didn't want that many people knowing me because it was more of risk and that was the last thing I needed. I just hoped the excitement would die down after a bit.

Winning the game did have it's perks though, our school lunch was actually prime. It was like fancy and I learned that if I played my cards right I could extend my free lunch to one other person so Temari and I both had free lunch.

The student room was also pretty cool. There were coaches, a video game console, a TV and some vending machines among other things. Many people asked me to get the things out of the vending machines that weren't offered in other ones, which was actually annoying.

Sasuke still didn't talk to me, or look at me, or . . . anything which made for very awkward silences when we both ended up in the student room together.

I walked into the lunchroom with Temari and like usual many eyes were on us and just like any other day we ignored them and got our lunch. Today I felt like a grilled cheese and some fries.

"Hey Sakura, I just thought of something." Temari said out of the blue.

"Hm?" I asked.

"I know we both like volleyball and I was just thinking we could play on the team."

"Haven't they already had tryouts?"

"Well yeah, but I'm sure we could ask the coach. We are new to the school and weren't here for tryouts so maybe they'll give us a shot."

"I . . . don't know Temari." I said.

"Oh come on Sakura! You know you want to. I know who have a love for the game." She says, gently nudging me.

I rolled my eyes but then decided to give in, "Fine," I said, knowing that she wouldn't have stopped pestering me until I agreed for at least a try out.

She smiled wide and seemed happy that she actually got me to agree to something. Besides, I did want to try and be a normal teenager, maybe this way I could finally figure out what I'm doing and what it would be like if I really was normal.

I shook my head, I didn't have time to worry about such trivial things right now. If anything I should worry about my homework although I was a little ahead.

We sat outside today while the weather was still warm and the sun still had the efforts to shine. Once we sat down, Temari pulled out her phone and logged onto the school website. She found out who the head volleyball coach was and we decided that after school we would go together to see if she would allow us a tryout.

"I'm actually way excited about this," Temari says.

I nodded, "I've always kind of wanted to be on a team. It was a small fantasy of mine when I was younger before everything happened. This could be fun," I smiled at her.

"It's about time you did something without being a complete worry wart over it. Glad to see you might actually have fun instead of homework and reading."

"Hey! Reading is fun! There are whole other worlds I don't even know about! You would know too if you gave it a try!"

She rolls her eyes, "Sure, whatever you say Sakura."

The bell rung and we got up, throwing away our garbage and putting our lunch trays where they belonged.

"I'll meet you by our lockers after class then we will go talk to the head coach." Temari says.