Chapter 28

Over the past two weeks, it's been relatively blissful, kind of like a honey moon period. Of course, Temari and I received many other assignments but we had been reluctant in doing them. We might have done them, but not very well. 

I just. . . I just got my friends back and I wanted to work on that friendship. Now, more than ever I wanted the people who were destroying my life to be gone, I wanted to destroy them and take them down for good. I didn't want to do their dirty work and my vow is stronger that I will find a way  to get my parents back, take down the group who has us captive and keep everybody safe. 

But. . . currently I was wrapped around Temari's legs (literally) begging her not to go. 

"Sakuraaaaa," Temari whined, "quit being so childish and let me go." 

"But I don't want you to go! I want you to stay here with me," I respond like a little 5-year-old as she tried to walk to the front door but dragging me with her. 

"I can't stay here and you know that. I'll be gone two days at the most but I have important Kazekage stuff to attend to with my brothers." 

"Ugghh but you don't even want to be Kazekage," I groaned. 

"You're not entirely wrong, but I do have to try. It's what I've been raised with and what I know. If I am chosen to be the Kazekage I will run it as I have been raised to run it and I won't let my people down." 

"Ugh! You make a good point," I sigh and unattached myself from her leg. 

She put her hands on my shoulders sympathetically, "Two days. I promise. Besides, you have Naruto, Sasuke and the others looking out for you. You will be okay." 

I sighed, "Yeah okay. Go do your adulting stuff and be epicly cool without me." 

"Thanks for understanding girl. I love you," She kissed me on the forehead, "I'll be back soon, no throwing crazy parties while I'm gone, we can do that when I get back," She winks at me and heads out the door. 

I watch out the window as a car picks up Temari and drives out of sight. 

I sighed again and sunk into the coach. Life is incredibly boring when you're best friend isn't around. What sucks even more is that she had to leave on a Thursday night meaning she was leaving me to go to school on Friday BY MYSELF THAT BITCH. Why this super secret Kazekage thing couldn't be on a weekend? I have no idea but that's what's happening and I'm mega butt hurt about it. 

Temari had been gone for only five minutes and I was already bored out of my mind. I took out my phone and texted Ino. 

Hey, Temari just went out of town. In need of a scary movie night and I don't really feel like hanging by myself. You in? 

I waited a few moments before I got a reply. 

 You bet! I'll grab the girls and we'll be over in twenty.  

Ino was true to her word and just when I finished putting out snacks, blankets and pillows, Ino trudged in with Hinata and Ten Ten close behind. 

"It's about time we have some girl therapy," Ino said, a giant smile on her face. All three were in their pajamas and all had brought along snacks to add to the ever growing mountain. "I also brought face masks." 

"I ordered pizza," Ten Ten said. 

"And I brought the selection of movies," Hinata piped up. 

I laughed, "Wow you guys go all out, especially for a Thursday night." 

"Sometimes you gotta live a little, besides we could all use this. We are almost officially adults, if we can't handle a late night and an early morning at school how are we going to handle life?" Ino shrugs.