Chapter 13

"You girls can have a seat right there." he said, gesturing to two seats in the front row. We thanked him and took our seats. 

"My name is Kakashi and I am your homeroom teacher. If you have any questions just ask or I'm sure your new classmates wouldn't mind helping either." After that he turned around and did some announcements. 

I didn't look at anyone but I could feel their white hot stares on me. Kakashi finished talking and informed the class to have free time until the bell rung. It was quiet for a moment until the room erupted into whispers that subtly grew louder. 

I leaned towards Temari, "I feel their stares on me." I mutter. 

"You are quite an attention grabber." She replies. I take a side glance at the room, t was true people were staring at me and I can see now that everyone was in here. Hinata and Neji were sitting directly behind us, they were silent but every now and then their lips moved in conversation. Across the isle from us sat Shikamaru and Choji who was munching on some chips. Behind them was Kiba and Shino. Behind Hinata and Neji sat my once best friend and next to her some pale skinny kid with black hair. Across from Ino sat my blonde rambunctious friend and my heart swelled with how much I missed him. Sitting next to Naruto was Sasuke himself although he didn't seem interested at all. He was looking out the window with his head resting on his hand looking seemingly bored. My heart swelled with regret and guilt. Finally, behind Sasuke and Naruto sat Lee and TenTen. There were a few other students in the classroom room but no one I knew personally. 

"Please don't be like that." I say. 

"What did you expect, you haven't seen them in nine years where you practically fell off the earth. Plus you aren't helping things by looking super hot." She replies honestly with a smug smirk. 

I chuckled a little, "No, I guess not." I reply. 

At that moment the bell rung. "Oh, what class do you have next?" I ask Temari. 

"I have math, You?"

I sighed, "English." 

"Well it looks like we will be meeting up in CE history afterwards." She says and we both stand up. 

"Yeah, I guess i'll see you then."

We split our separate ways and I stared at my paper trying to figure out where my next classroom was. 

"Um, Sakura?" Someone says. I look up from my paper and look around to see who it was that said my name. I came face to face with cerulean blue eyes. He had a big wide grin on his face. He still had his spikey blonde hair and even though I saw him yesterday I still couldn't believe how tall and more defined he was; or how old he is and how much he has changed in the nine years that I've been gone. He is handsome, I'll give him that and I've missed him a lot but I also couldn't help but feel guilty and ashamed. I gave him the biggest smile I could muster. 

"Hey Naruto." I said. There was a pause as we just stood there and looked at each other. Neither one of us knew what to do, he looked like he didn't know whether to hug me or shake my hand or perhaps maybe even punch me in face-which I knew I deserved-  but I stepped in so it was a little bit less awkward for the both of us. 

"Hey, um, would you mind telling me where this class is? I'm kind of lost." I say with a brighter smile. 

"Here let me see," He replies, gesturing for the paper. I hand it to him and he looks at it. 

"You have English with me." He says with a smile, "come on, we can walk together." 

He hands me back the paper and I thank him. The first few moments as we walked was silent.