Chapter 41

I took a deep breath and laid my head against the wall as I looked over the maps and details once again. 

I looked at the clock. Temari, Gaara and Konkuro would be home within the next few hours. 

Tomorrow. It would have to be tomorrow. That's what the paper says anyway. If I get what I need, if I find exactly what I'm looking for, this could all be over. 

                                           .                                          .                                          .           

"Oi! Sakura! Get up! We'll be late!" 

I woke up to Temari's shouting. I stretched my arms over my head, trying to pop my back and rolled my stiff neck; I had fallen asleep on the floor. Someone had draped a blanket over me and cleaned up my map mess. 

I quickly got up and got ready. I checked to make sure the map was secured away before meeting Temari in the kitchen. She handed me some toast before shoving me out the door. We caught up on our weekend on our way to school. I, of course, left out quite a few details. 

I felt drained, like everything was hazy and seemed to move in slow motion. When I walked into the classroom, half of my old friends weren't there yet and I avoided contact with ones who were. 

I tapped my pencil on the desk distractedly, going through the plan again in my head. I know we had discussed it, but I was still wary of taking the sand siblings with me. I also didn't know how I was going to do it alone. 

I don't remember when class started but it was stopped abruptly when the classroom door slid open. 

We all looked at the door as that seems to be the thing to do hen one opens a door and I felt my heart stop. Standing with miss Shizune was a man with blonde hair, half pulled up into a pony tail. He gave a large smile for the sake of the class, which, if you didn't know him would make him seem friendly and warm. 

"So sorry for interrupting but I'm afraid I need Miss Sakura. We have some urgent family matters." 

I felt Temari tense beside me and I realized, I was trembling myself. It was not a good thing that a higher up was here, especially if it was him. 

Deidara turned and looked at me. I gave him a small nod and with shaking hands I picked up my bag. I tried to quickly go, knowing I did not want to upset him and I definitely didn't want to make him wait. 

He put his arm around me, which caused me to tense up. I looked at Temari, 'be careful' she mouthed, then glared daggers at Deidara. I looked up to Gaara and Konkuro, 'right behind you' mouthed Konkuro. 

I shook my head slightly, knowing that was a really bad idea. 

Without really meaning to, I looked up towards Sasuke and for once, he wasn't looking out the window. I couldn't hold his gaze so I looked away and led Deidara put his arm around my shoulders and guide me out of the classroom. 

His red mustang was parked in front of the school and he opened the door for me. 

I folded my arms, "where are we going?"

"My dear, just on a little drive, and now is not a time to be asking questions," he gave a wicked smirk. 

I shuffled passed him and sat in the passenger seat. He closed the door behind me, making me jump as it banged shut. I put on my seat belt and sat on my hands. I watched as he went around the car, sat in the driver's seat and put the car in drive. 

I watched as the school seemed to shrink and realized this could possibly be the last time I ever saw that place. 

"First, I would like to apologize about Hidan's behavior. He has always been rash and has never been good at handling situations in a. . . professional manner. I was against sending him but I guess he got the message across one way or another. Which brings us to our next issue. Sakura, you've been less than stellar lately. Needless to say you haven't been following orders very well, there was even a vote to just kill you off. But in the end we only took it out on your parents."