Chapter 37

When we got home, I went to my room and slammed the door. I was acting like a child but I didn't really care. 

Temari tried to check on me but I mainly ignored her and told her to go away. 

I locked myself in my room with the maps and pieces of paper. I decided that I would get lost in the work and distract myself. I'd be damned if I didn't figure something out tonight. I don't know how much was going by as I never bothered to check the clock and I didn't notice any tiredness, or if I did, I didn't care. 

At some point through the night the lights flickered and the power went out. 

I looked up at the ceiling in disdain and utter annoyance. 

"Are you freaking kidding me," I said to the lights. 

I got up and stumbled around for a bit, searching for all the candles that I could find. I then thought of where some matches or a lighter would most likely be. I searched in my drawers, hoping for the best, before making the dreadful trip to the kitchen. 

I opened my door and it didn't seem like Temari was awake so she wouldn't even be aware that we were having electrical problems. I banged my shins on furniture and ran into doorways and walls as I tried to get to our junk drawer. 

I finally found some matches and made the journey back to my room. I lit all the candles, illuminating my room with a flickering glow. 

With the amount of light, it was harder to see which didn't make my job of figuring things out any easier. I leaned closer to candles, enough to feel the heat radiating off of them, to try and get a better look. 

I finally gave out an exasperated sigh and threw my hands up in the air out of frustration. I rested my elbows on my knees and looked around the room. I was about to call it a night, another night of failure, when I noticed something strange. 

The paper in my hand was hovering over a candle, close enough that it could burn, but instead of burning, words started to appear on the paper. 

I scrambled forward in disbelief and held the paper close to the candle so that words appeared faster 

'of course! why hadn't I thought of that! It's invisible ink! Like, every spy movie now a days has something like this I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out,' I mentally yelled at myself. 

They were lists of names and leads. It showed me a key to the maps I was given. It told me current Akatsuki hideouts, old ones, abandoned ones and when they are most likely to frequent hideouts again. It gave me people who I could go to for help, people I should stay away from and people who could be a danger or a help when in certain circumstances. 

It revealed to me some journals and all the top dogs of the Akatsuki, many of whom I already know, as well as many of their partners and underlings. There were a few sketches as well. The thing I found most valuable was it explained what all the different circles meant. As I had mentioned, it showed a lot of the Akatsuki's hideouts but it also told me a lot about my parents. 

Where my parents of been and where they have been thought to be, possible places to find information and and places they might be next. It also came a with a bunch of times and dates, a lot that have already passed, but a few that were still yet to come. 

For the first time in two years, I finally, finally had something. Well, I guess really, for the first time since I was born there was something that I could do to do something. There was information to find and my parents to save, for the first time, I might actually be able to find a way out of this for me and my family so that I can return to a normal life.