Chapter 44

Sakura~

We pulled into the driveway, the car squeaking as we braked. As Temari put the van in park and turned it off, we all looked to the door that stood slightly cracked. The four of us nodded at each other before climbing out, the rest following behind. 

Konkuro signaled for them to be quiet, careful and to stay behind us in case someone was hiding near by. Temari and I were in the front, taking quiet steps up the stairs. With my good hand, I pushed the door open and glanced in the house tentatively. 

Temari and I stepped in together. I grabbed an umbrella out of the bucket near the door to use as a weapon and Temari grabbed a fire poker. 

It was obvious someone had been in here since we left as the place was more trashed. They went to town toppling over furniture, tearing it to shreds, breaking our T.V. and coffee table. There were little glass shards all over the carpet, turning it a sparkling and dazzling white.

The sand siblings told me to wait in the living room with the others and I only nodded, knowing if anyone was still in here, I wouldn't be able to put up much of a fight.

From where I was standing I could see the kitchen was in worse shape than the living room. They did not hesitate to smash every dish that we owned and pull all the food out of the fridge and throwing it everywhere. 

I looked solemnly at the mess around me, sighed, and put the umbrella back. I stepped carefully over the glass shards, the particles crunching under my feet as I made my way around the living room. 

With one functioning arm, I did my best to put furniture back in it's place and check for mini microphones or cameras in the crevices. After a bit I notice Temari, Konkuro and Gaara doing the same. Sasuke noticed what we were doing and helped.

Neji and Kiba helped me flip the couch upright, Naruto found something to help with while Ino and Hinata managed to find the broom and dustpan. They did their best to sweep as much glass to the side as possible and once the others told me the house was all clear, I sighed and plopped down on the couch. Now would be the hard part. 

"Where are you guys going?" I asked Gaara and Konkuro who were headed to the door. 

"Getting rid of the van and getting our cars," Konkuro stated. I nodded and they left. 

The others had found some place to sit all in a circle and a staring at me like it was story time. 

"Sooo . . . . you gonna tell us what's going on?" Kiba asks, breaking the silence that fell on us. 

I groaned and rubbed my hand over my face in frustration. "I guess telling you now shouldn't change anything. They've already seen you and now you are in much more danger so telling you shouldn't make a difference." 

They looked at me expectantly and I grimaced, pain flaring in my shoulder. 

"Yeah, Yeah, but before that, I'm pretty sure I dislocated my shoulder so I'm really uncomfortable and in copious amounts of pain." I squeezed my eyes shut as I was starting to feel nauseous. A cold hand was suddenly on my shoulder and I hissed. "Son of a bitch."

I looked at Temari who was feeling out my injury. 

"That's definitely dislocated," she told me, "what did you do?"

"It must have happened when that guy tackled me." I winced when Temari moved my arm. She raised her eyebrow at me, a question in her eyes. 

"Shit. Yeah, just do it."

Temari grabbed my wrist and was about to do what Temari does best. 

"You have to relax if this is going to work."