Chapter 35

3rd person~ 

It was a rough few days after what happened on the train. Many students sought out their counselors to speak of the traumatic death and mourn the death of a great teacher. 

Sakura didn't speak much, not even to Temari. She was still processing all that happened to her. She had asked the three sand siblings to give her a little bit of time to think before she was willing to talk and stayed home from school as to avoid the rest of the group and the questions they were sure to ask her. 

She studied the papers Asuma gave her. It was a map with many different markings that came with encoded instructions. The first one was easy enough to figure out, it took her a minute but she finally realized that the letters were reflected. She held it up to the mirror and it revealed the first instruction which was a secret location to find the decoder to be able to read the rest of the instructions. 

There were a few more things on the paper that she figured would need to be read with the decoder but then the rest of the paper was completely blank. 

She  followed the instructions which led her to a certain tree in the park. In the tree was a box that had a key, it was a key to a safe box in a bank. It took her a bit longer to pin point which bank it was exactly but once she did she asked for Gaara's help in watching her back. 

She  found the safe box, and in it was the decoder, a few more maps and another blank sheet of paper. There were also a few wads of cash. She was careful to hide what she was taking without looking like she was a criminal (which is harder than it looks because everything felt wrong) and was careful to check everything in case somebody was watching. 

Once they were back in the safety of her and Temari's home, she decided she was finally ready to tell them everything that happened. 

She explained in more detail what Asuma had told her about her parents and about all the events that took place that night. Kankuro had talked to the agency they belonged to and Sakura was being excused from questioning and made sure that the police wouldn't bother her or suspect her of any crimes given that the agency was already looking into it. 

"I've got a bit figured out. If I piece a few of these maps together it reveals a little more each time," Sakura says, laying out the maps in front of them. "I believe the ones in red are some of the hideouts of the Akutski, I'm trying to find out what the orange and green circles mean. It's a little difficult when the majority of the papers are blank." 

Together they tried to figure out what it all meant and what she was supposed to do. Between the three of them, they argued and debated. Sakura wasn't even sure if she wanted them looking at the maps anyway. She didn't want there to be more danger for them than there already was. 

They argued about that for awhile so nothing really got done and the sand siblings won out because they wouldn't let her go this alone. 

They managed to decode the small message but it was just as confusing as if they left it alone. The message was in a riddle that we had no idea what it could be talking about and were too exhausted to figure it out. They called it a night around one in the morning and Gaara and Kankuro stayed over. 

Meanwhile, Naruto was playing video games with Sasuke and he could tell Sasuke was bothered. It wasn't hard to guess what about. 

Naruto paused the game "Teme, you've died 3 times in the last ten minutes and you never die. What's up?" 

Instead of saying anything, he only glared at Naruto. 

"Are you really going to make me say it?" Naruto's brow creased.