Chapter 36

~Sakura~ 

It's been a week and I still have no idea what I am doing with the maps. I can't figure out why half the papers are blank or what to do with them. It's incredibly frustrating and it makes me want me want to put my head through a wall. 

Volleyball has been rough, especially because I find it hard to get along with the girls and its throwing us completely out of sync. I know they all want answers, I can see it in their eyes, but I can't tell them. I can't tell them anything or they might be the next ones to end up in a wooden box. 

I haven't talked to any of them much, I resort to avoiding them, changing the subject if they get a chance or shutting down the conversation completely. I know it's a terrible thing to do and I can sense their frustration with me but I'm just not sure what else to do. I'm doing this for their own safety and I know they don't know that but maybe one day they will. 

I was in the locker room after practice, a little ways away from everyone else. I could feel their wariness of me, they all weren't too fond of me at the moment but it would have to do. 

"Hey do you want me to wait for you?" Temari asked. Most of the girls had packed up and left the locker room. 

"No, it's okay. I'm going to be a second. Go ahead and talk to your professor and I'll meet you at the car," I tell her. 

She nods before heaving her gym bag over her shoulder and leaving. 

I took my sweet time packing up and waited for everyone to leave the locker room. I kind of got lost in thought as I sat in the silence by myself and stared off into space. It's been one of those days. 

I finally sighed, picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I stood up and slunked out of the locker room. Of course, I had a merry bunch waiting for me outside- please, note the sarcasm. 

You might have guessed that it was Karin, which would be a classic, but I would have to tell you that you are wrong. 

No, it wasn't Karin and her annoying group, but who I was facing, I might actually have preferred if it was. 

"You guys aren't staging an intervention are you?" I whined as I faced Ino, Kiba, Ten Ten, Hinata, Neji, Naruto, Shikamaru and Sasuke. 

"We're just worried about you Sakura," Naruto says. 

"Why, I've been doing alright," I shrug. 

"Really Sakura, you were in a box with our dead Sensei, you missed days of school, you've been dazed and distracted and you haven't shown up to practice. You might be there physically but you aren't there mentally," Ino places her hands on her hips, "You aren't alright." 

I laughed bitterly, "Alright, you got me. I've been stressed, you would be too if you almost died on that forsaken train." 

I went to leave but they stopped me. 

"And why exactly is that? Why you? Why is something weird or strange always happening to you. We're worried Sakura, we just want to make sure that you are okay," Kiba states. 

"Well honestly, I'm fine. I'd be even better if you all would just leave it alone." 

"That's the thing, we can't just leave it alone. We want answers. We have been trying to respect your space since you have been back but you can be damn sure that we didn't forget, tho it seems like you did. You left us for nine years. We didn't hear from you, no calls, no texts, no emails, letters, visits, nothing, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, you are here, going to school with us again as if nothing ever happened," Ino rants. 

"You brought mysterious things with you and it's very strange that you seem to be a target," Neji points out.

"W-we want t-to help you," Hinata says. "B-but y-you have to t-tell us w-what is going o-on," 

They kept bombarding me with questions and lectures and I just couldn't take it anymore. I was literally being attacked, it was eight against one and the odds most definitely were not in my favor. 

"I can't!" I exploded, I screamed it so loud that it bounced and echoed off the gym walls. "Don't you understand? I can't tell you anything. I can't explain what happened or why things are how they are. I can't tell you what happened in the nine years that I was gone or why you didn't hear from me. I just. Can't. TELL YOU. maybe one day I can get to that point but for now you don't need to know." 

"what the Hell to do you mean we don't need to know? We are supposed to be your friends," Ten Ten said angrily. 

Throughout this entire ordeal, Sasuke and Naruto remained silent. I looked to Naruto for some help or for someone to have my back like he said he did, but he wouldn't even look at me. 

"When are you going to stop running? you can't do it forever. We don't deserve a friend who is constantly lying to us," Ino said, and it was like a slice to her heart. Everyone was heated and it was probably going to lead us to say things that we were going to regret but that didn't stop me. 

"Friends? You would honestly call me that after all that I have done to you? Friends don't act the way I do, do you honestly still want to be my friend?"

"The way you have been acting and the path you are headed down? no, not really and since you are so persistent in acting as if we are nothing but dirt, you are no friend of mine." 

Another stab to the heart and this time it was brutal. 

I grit my teeth "Fine. It's better if we aren't friends anyway." 

I gave them one final hard stare before gripping the bag on my shoulder and leaving that room. I didn't look back, afterall, this was all for the best. 

I wouldn't cry, I've done enough of that already. This was what was supposed to happen in the first place. They were never meant to be apart of this and this way, I won't have to worry about them. There will be time to tell them later, I'm just hoping by then, it won't be too late. 

So long to our friendship for now, I just hope they know, I still love them. 

~~~~~

HEYO MAYO!!!

another chappie because I love you guys and I was feeling inspired<3 I love all your guys' support and love and just know that I read every single comment! I love them so much and honestly what keeps me going to write the next chapter so thank you! 

Comment, vote, share, follow? do whatever! 

do me a favor and don't be a silent reader! 

MC LUVS YOU! 

SMILEYMCXOXO<3