Chapter 6: Fried 'Til He's Crispy

“Dad! Kuya!” Sam ran towards where the men are.

“Princess.” The old man said as he offered a huge hug for Sam and smiled.

Sam, on the other hand gave a super bear hug to her old man and kissed his cheeks. She then sat on the couch beside him. “Hay Daddy! I miss you.” Sam said sweetly.

“I miss you too princess. How are you?” Sam’s dad asked.

“I’m doing good Dad. How about you? How’s your trip?” Sam inquired.

One of Sam’s brothers coughed. “ Uhm, we’re also here,” the brother teasingly said and smiled.

“Kuya Marco! I miss you too.” Sam dearly said to all her brothers.

“I see you have a friend,” One of the brothers said, still eyeing Kiefer.

Kiefer on the other hand, stiffened and became tensed when the attention was turned to his direction.. The three younger men is back on giving Kiefer their weird scary looks again. Sam just rolled her eyesa her brothers.

Sam’s dad broke the tensed atmosphere between his sons and the visitor.

“Princess, why don’t you introduce your friend to us,” he asked.

She happily stood up and went to Kiefer. “Guys, meet my new best friend, Kiefer.” She said with a smile.

“Kiefer, my Dad, Vicente,” she pointed to the old man sitting on the couch.

“My Kuya Marco, my oldest brother.” Then she pointed to the man sitting on the couch across Sam’s father.

“Then My Kuya Miguel, the youngest amongst my brothers,” she pointed to the smiling man standing closest to them.

“And you met my Kuya Michael, Kuya Mike na lang for short” she turned to Kiefer. “Meet my Villaraza men,” she cheerfully said.

“Hello Kiefer. Thank you for bringing Samantha home,” Vicente formally said. “You’re welcome po,” Kiefer said nervously. The brothers are still scrutinizing Kiefer with their looks.

“Where have you been ba?” Marco asked.

Kiefer was the one who answered, “My mom invited Sam to eat lunch with us pos a bahay.”

“Then why are you home late? I thought it was lunch. It’s already 6:30.” Mike asked seriously.

Kiefer swallowed and open his mouth to answer but Sam interrupted. “Tita Mozzy, Kiefer’s mom, and I had a lot of catching up to do. We had so much fun talking that we weren’t able to realize that it was late already.”

“I see you already know Kiefer’s family. How come we just met Kiefer tonight?” Mike questioned.

Sam knowing her brothers too well just rolled her eyes, again.

“Kuya, it’s a very long story. I’ll tell you some other time,” she said.

“Kiefer, can you stay for coffee? We really would want to know more about Princess’ new best friend,” Miguel casually asked Kiefer.

“Nope!” Samantha immediately interrupted, shaking her head in disagreement. “ That’s enough on the first meeting,” she pulled Kiefer by the arm and said. “Kief, Tita Mozzy might be looking for you na. I’ll see you soon?” She gave Kiefer a weird expression saying “Go now!”

“Ah.. ehh.,” Sam immediately pulled Kiefer away cutting off what he’s going to say.

“Samantha,” her Dad, who was just listening, called. Sam turned to her old man, “Let Kiefer finish.”