Chapter 24: Birthday Plans

(A/N: Medyo fast forward tayo again.)

Phone ringing...

Sam lazily reached for her phone on her bedside table. She answered the call without looking at whose calling.

"Hello?" Sam answered with her sleepy voice.

"Good morning princess." Sam heard Kiefer say on the other line.

"Kief, it's Saturday. Can I sleep for another hour?" She pleaded.

"Sam, it's almost 12noon. I let you skip your breakfast because I know you slept late last night. You're not gonna skip lunch too. So wakey wakey princess." Kiefer said entusiastically.

"Pleeeeaaassee," Sam tried to convince him.

"Nope. I will know if you didn't get up Sam. I'm going to call Myla now and tell her to drag you out of your bed." Kiefer commanded.

"Mmm-hmmm" Sam mumbled.

"Sam please." Kiefer said on the other line.

"5 more minutes." Sam lazily said.

"Samantha," Kiefer said with conviction.

Sam

"Samantha," I heard Kiefer commanded on the other line. Oops. I immediately get up. I don't know what 's with me but when Kiefer uses his full voice parang I have the urge to listen and follow him. Para kasing nakakatakot. Kaya nga kahit nasa Bacolod siya ngayon, alert talaga ako.

"I'm up!" I said immediately.

"Good. Now, freshen up and eat your lunch please." He sweetly said on the other line. 

Yeah. Kiefer is in Bacolod right now, but he never misses to remind me to eat. Every morning, he would call me to wake me up para kumain ng breakfast. I really feel special when he does that, when he's being thoughtful and caring. 

"Yes. Sige  na, I'll text you again later ha, magprepare ka na rin jan. May game ka pa later." I said to him.

"Sige. Ingat ka diyan." He reminded.

"Yes po, ikaw din." I said. Then I ended the call.

I took a bath and went down to the kitchen. Food is ready when I came in. Myla was standing on the side waiting for me to give her some orders.

"Good morning Ate Sam." She greeted.

"Good morning Myla. Wow. dami naman atang pagkain. Are my Kuyas here?" I asked.

"Hindi po. Tumawag po kasi si Kuya Pogi. Sabi po magluto po ng marami kasi hindi daw kayo nagbreakfast." I just sighed in exasperation. Hay naku Kiefer.

"I guess I have no choice but to finish everything." I looked at Myla. She just nodded.

"Myla, can you get another set of utensils and a plate." The girl looked puzzled but followed my instructions. When she got back, she was holding a tray containing everything I asked. She laid everything on the table as I said. 

"Join me," I ordered.

Myla first hesitated but I insisted. We started to eat.

"Ate, ang swerte niyo po kay Kuya Pogi." She said.

"I guess I am" I smiled at her.

After eating, I went up to my room. I checked my planner for my schedule. What's the date today nga? I checked my phone. Ohmy! It's October 26 na pala. Ang bilis. Birthday ko na bukas.