Chapter 26: The Ruins

Sam

After Kiefer and I went to Calea, we decided to go on our hotels and get some rest muna. He also told me that he made preparations for our birthday dinner.

Kiefer told me to wear something pretty and nice but comfortable. He said we will have dinner somewhere. Of course, I don't want to play dumb here. I've seen enough chick flicks. I know we're going to a nice and very romantic dinner date somewhere. But I swear my heart is pounding like there were stampeding horses inside. 

I don't understand why I'm this nervous. Im used to having dinner with Kiefer naman. Maybe because it's our birthday? Doesn't make sense why I'm feeling this way. I just shrugged it off. 

"Why does my little sissy dressed up so pretty and nice tonight? Got a date?" Kuya Miguel tried to tease me as he enters my room.

"Don't act like you didn't help planning this." I said back at him. He smiled.

"I'm not the only accomplice. Why don't you give a call to our dear older brothers." He said while playing with his stress ball. He laid on my bed

"But thanks anyways Kuya." I smiled at him.

I'm kind of grateful to them, aside from lending me a plane to get here, but for allowing me to experience this. Normally they won't send me to this kind of trip. Well, unprotected. Y'know, with all the daughter of the one, or not, THE richest man in the country. I know I've been low profile compared to my brothers but still. 

"Well, the truth is, we hadn't planned anything for your birthday kasi eh. Since Kuya Marco and Kuya Mike are on very important business trips and Dad being in China for a very important event he has to attend. Luckily, Kiefer had an idea. So we just went with it." He confessed.

The truth is, I understand. I didn't feel any annoyance or hate to them. If it's not that vital, they would probably be here, spending my day with me. But I know those trips and events were necessary. 

I smiled to Kuya Miguel. "Naaah. It's okay. I understand." 

"We know, Sweetie. But I swear we planned on planning your birthday way before the problems with the Chinese investors came up and then Dad suddenly needs to be in China right away." He explained.

"Really. I understand." I sat beside him on my bed. "As long as I get a shopping spree in Paris on their fashion week. Credit Card no limit." I sweetly persuade him.

"Oh no! I don't think my bank account can accomodate that. Go ask Kuya Marco and Dad. And I'm here with you anyways." He said.

"Don't play dumb with me Kuya. Your wallet's fatter than Kuya Mike's. I heard him say that." I jokingly accused him.

"My lips are sealed" And gestured as if zipping his mouth. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hey who's eating dinner with you?" I thought if I'm going out with Kiefer. He has no one to eat dinner with.

"Don't worry about me. Coach Bo let me tag along." He winked. I smiled at him/ He checked his watch.

"Oh I think it's time. Let's go. I'll bring you to the lobby." He offered his arm and I hapily clinged to it.

 Kuya Mguel was right. When we reached the lobby, we saw Kiefer stepped in the door.  His face brightened when he saw us. He broke into a huge grin. 

By the way, Kiefer and I were on separate hotels pala. Did I mention that already? He stays where their school had reserved for the team. Meanwhile, Kuya Miguel and I are in a different hotel. 

"He never runs out of smile when he sees you, I noted." Kuya Miguel whispered when we halted to wait for Kiefer. That surely made me blush.

"He does?" I mumbled.