Chapter 22: Barbecue Party

Kiefer and Sam prepared the ingredients and things they needed for their mini barbecue party. They went to the kitchen to check if there is enough stocks of meat. They marinated the meat and took out some of the ingredients needed from the fridge. Sam also ordered the maids to prepare the garden for their mini party.

“Here, wear this.” Kiefer ordered as he handed Sam the pink apron. Sam plastered on her face a knowing smile.

“Where’s yours?” Sam asked. Kiefer took the blue apron from the cupboard and showed it to Sam. “Siyempre, dapat matching tayo.” Kiefer said.

“Wait lang.” Kiefer laid his hand on Sam’s forehead. “Are you sure you’re feeling ok na?” He dearly asked.

“Yes, super sure.” Sam gave him an assuring smile.

“Wala na bang masakit sayo? Ulo mo?” He inquired.

“Everything’s good. Okay na ko, tara na. Excited na ko.” Sam said with her happy smile as she grabbed Kiefer’s hand and drag him to the garden.

It’s almost twilight. The sky is turning orange and the little stars starts to twinkle. The moon is taking its turn to brighten the sky as the sun goes down to the west. The garden is also ready. The dinner table is set. And of course, the grill is also waiting to be used.

“Excited ka masyado Sam eh,  naiwan tuloy yung mga lulutuin natin sa kusina.” Kiefer said. Sam sheepishly smiled. “Oops, Myla!,” She called and the teenager helper appeared.

“Yes po?” Myla asked.

“Can you get the meat and the other things in the kitchen?” Sam politely asked.

“Okay po.” Then the girl turned and when she came back she was holding a tray that contains everything that Sam asked.

“Thanks Myla. I’ll call you again later if I need something” Sam said. The girl nodded and went inside the house.

Sam turned to Kiefer. “Can we start na?” She sweetly asked.

“Wait,” Kiefer took the pink apron Sam was holding and helped her wear it. “Wear this muna.” After helping Sam, Kiefer also wore his blue apron.

“Ayan, we’re all set.”

Kiefer

Sam and I started to grill the pork, beef, sausages and vegetables. Sam is really excited about this mini barbecue party. Everytime I take a glance of her, she’s wearing her child-like happy smile. She’s like a little girl. I can’t help myself but to smile upon seeing the genuine joy she’s feeling. Every time I see her happy, I feel the same way. I just love to see her smile.

“Hey, you’re smiling like a psycho,” she said as she noticed me smiling.

“Look who’s talking, you’re smiling too. Halatang excited na excited eh.” I said and pinched her nose.

“Hey, nakakarami ka na Ravena ha. Masakit na tong ilong ko.” She sadi as she massages her nose.

“Sorry naman po. Ang cute kasi eh,” I said. She continues to wrinkle her nose like a baby. She really looks cute when she does that. Nakaka-inlove na talaga.

“Ang cute mo talaga. Halika nga.” I pulled her to me, rested my hands on her waist and did the most unexpected thing of the moment. I kissed her nose.

Her eyes grew larger. She looked surprised. I was even shocked with what I did. We just looked at each other for a few seconds and held our breaths.