Chapter 18: 妒忌 Duji

Jeric

Sam is furiously blushing in front of me. And I can't keep myself from smiling, and it's because of her. She's one of a kind.

No wonder when I first saw her during that La Salle game, she really caght my eyes. She was just wearing a white La Salle shirt but she looked like a supermodel. I still can't forget her face when La salle won. And when I first saw her smile, my world literally went into slow motion. That day, I started to believe in love at first sight.

Buti na lang at schoolmates sila ng kapatid ko. It wasn't hard to find her. And to my luck, friends pa sila ni Jeron. When a friend of mine from Ateneo invited me to attend the debut of his sister, I immediately said yes, knowing that that sister of my friend is friends with Sam. At dahil nandun din si Jeron, napakilala niya ako kay Sam. I was definitely mesmerized by her during our first encounter. Di ko inakala na may tao pala na ganun kaganda. And I can feel that she's also a good person.

Kinapalan ko na din yung face ko to invite her to dance tonight. Di na talaga mapigilan eh.

"Now, you're laughing at me." My train of thoughts was cut by Sam's comment.

"I'm not laughing." I said, still smiling.

"Then why are you smiling? Pinagtatawanan mo ako eh. Sorry naman, I didn't realize I was that hungry." She continued ranting. Ang ganda talaga.

"Heyyyy, you still look beautiful whatever you do." Ooops! Jeric, huwag mo namang biglain yung tao. But I just can't keep my self from complimenting her. I saw her cheeks heat up when I said that. 

"Pigging out suits you" I chuckled to lighten the atmoshpere. "Ahhh ganun? Para akong pig??" She said raising her brows.

"Haha! Magandang pig," I said wiggling my brows. "From now on, I'll call you piggie," And plastered a wide smile on my face.

"Hmm? I kinda like that'" she said, she looked like she's thinking. "What should I call you?? Hmm? Is should call you Smiley, cause you keep on smiling."

"I like that too," Then smiled again. "See!" She exclaimed. Then we both chuckled. 

We danced for another song. Then I noticed that she already looked tired so I guided her back to her seat. When we arrived at her table, Kiefer was looking at me sharply. Earlier, sabi niya they weren't together but now he looks like he wants to eat me. Yeah i've seen sa social media that they are sort of dating. Pero galing na rin sa kanya, they are not together. Sorry Kief, we're friends but a tiger won't let an eagle win. I like Sam. May the best man win na lang Papi.

"Thanks Piggie," I said to her before letting her go.

"Thanks din Smiley." She replied smiling.

"I'll let you be, I'll see you around? di pa naman tapos ang event diba?" I said to her ignoring Kiefer's dagger looks.

"Yeah, I'll see you around" She said. I smiled and acknowledge the persons on Sam's table whom I also know before I turned my back.

Kiefer

I can't stop myself from looking at Sam and Kuya Jeric on the dancefloor. They look like they're having fun especially Sam. He's smiling from ear to ear and she's talking animatedly with him. I can't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Parang ayoko ng tawagaing Kuya si Kuya Jeric. 

Urgh! This is what Juami is telling me. I need to seal the deal at baka may makakuha pang iba. I felt Von nudging me. I grumpily turned to him.

"Whoa! Chill Paps, hinay-hinay lang. Mamaya bulagta na si Kuya Jeric sa sama ng tingin mo eh," Von teased.