Chapter 37: Settled

Kiefer

"Hon, can you please stop that," I said to Sam.

She walking back and forth in front of me now. She called me earlier and she worried me when I heard her on the phone. She was gasping and panting. She told me to go the hospital quick. I thought something bad happened to her again. When I arrived she was crying. I'm about to punch the next nurse that will pass in front of me for leaving Sam unattended when she said it was Ate Ana who was in the ER.

"Sam," I held her hand to stop her from what she's doing. "Ano ba? Umupo ka nga muna dito," I ushered her to sit beside me.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Kuya Marco called me and told me to go here. When I arrive Ate Ana's inside the ER already," she said.

"Everything's going to be fine. Don't worry," I tried to assure her.

After a few moment of silence, we both heard her phone beeped. She looked at me before fishing her phone out of her bag.

She froze when she saw the message. I took her phone from her head when her eyes spaced out.

From: +63915*******

Leave him and I'm leaving your family alone.

This is what she's telling me, the texts.

"This is my fault, this is my fault," she said.

"No, this is not your fault, Sam. Hey listen to me, you have nothing to do with what happened to Ate Ana," I tried to comfort her.

"She's doing this. What if something happens to Ate Ana or to the baby. Kuya Marco will kill me," she started to cry.

"Nothing's gonna happen to Ate Ana and to her baby. Relax. Everything's going to be fine," I rubbed her back.

After a few while a doctor came to us.

"Are you with Mrs. Villaraza?" the doctor asked when he reached us.

"Yes. She's my sister-in-law," Sam answered as we both stood from our seat. I was holding her by the waist.

"Mrs. Villaraza is now okay as well as the baby," I felt Sam's whole body relax. The doctor explained Ate Ana's condition but I know Sam and I were both not listening. I feel that Sam's itching to go to her now. Right after the doctor said the last words, Sam almost ran to where Ate Ana is. 

"Ate are you okay?" Sam asked immediately.

"Yeah, I'm fne. Don't worry," Ate Ana smiled at the both of us.

"What happened po ba?" I asked. 

"I was in the mall shopping. Paglabas ko ng shop, parang biglang dumami yung mga tawo. I walked along wth the busy crowd suddenly parang nagkagulo. May nakatulak ata sakin. I fell bad and nag-bleeding ako. Good thing may tumulong sakin papunta dito sa hospital." Ate Ana narrated.

I saw Sam held back her cursing. She pretended to be fine in front of Ate Ana. A nurse came to us and told us that they will transfer the patient to a private room.

While the hospital staff are busying over Ate Ana, I pulled Sam to talk to her.

"What do we do now? I'm fine with her messing with my life but not withthe people I love," Sam said.

"Then I guess we have to tell your brothers," I said calmly.

"What?! Are you nuts? No! You know what's gonna happen when we tell them," she said.

"But Sam this is serious. The person who's texting you is playing with lives," I told her.

"But they're gonna break us up," she said.