Chapter 28: Bestfriend's Role

Sam arrived just in time in the Blue Eagles gym. They were just about to finish their light training. She gulp for a huge amount of air and tried to put a huge smile on her face before entering the gym.

"Sammie!" Von cried as he was the one who first noticed her arrival.

"Vonnie, how's practice?" She asked when Von reached her.

"Good. Very light lang naman." Von answered.

"Hey Sam, kamusta?" Gwyn greeted as he was the next nearest to her.

"Okay naman." She smiled at him,. Von walked her to the bleachers where the other eagles were resting. Sam received a lot of his and hellos fro the boys. She politely returned the greeting but her eyes were searching the room for someone.

"What's up pretty?" It was Chris.

"Nothing. I just want to see you guys. And I brought you these." She held out a pile of boxes of the brownies she somehow made.

"What are those?" Anton asked while peaking inside the box.

"Brownies." Sam answered immediately though her eyes are still searching.

"They smell good. Amoy masarap. Did you made these?" Von commented as he grabbed the boxes out of his bestfriend's hands.

Samantha shyly smiled at him and nodded. Von took a slice, smelled and swallowed a small piece of the brownie. He paused for a moment and then his eyes grew larger and a smile creeped on his face.

"Sammie, did you really made this? Niloloko mo yata ako eh. Ba't ang sarap?" He said and took another slice.

"Hoy Pessumal! Pinaghirapan ko kaya yan! Wala ka talagang bilib sakin. And share those to your teammates." Sam instructed.

"Oh panu ba yan Von share daw?" Nico said. Then everybody dug in.

"Uhm guys, can you leave some for Kiefer." Sam said.

"Hoy! Tirhan daw si Kiefer!" Earl shouted. They boys set aside a box for Kiefer as they munched on the other boxes.

"Kaya pala masarap. Made with love." Chris commented. "Nasan na ba yung si Kiefer?"

Sam's ears went on full alert waiting for someone to answer Chris' question.

"Nagshower na yata?" Tomas answered.

Sam felt her shoulders to weigh a thousand times more than its normal weight. Kiefer seems to be avoiding her.

"Don't look for someone who doesn't want to show himself to you." Von whispered to Sam. Her forehead creased as she can feel the bitterness in Von's voice as he made the comment for his other bestfriend.

"What's up with you?" Sam asked.

"Nothing. Kiefer's being an ass lately." Von bitterly said. Sam just looked at the floor knowing that she's the reason why Kiefer is acting weird but she can't figure out what exactly she did that made him that way.

"Don't worry about him. He'll get pass it." Von tried to assure his bestfriend.

"You think so?" She asked him, willing him to say that everything will go back to normal.

After finishing the brownies , the boys went inside the shower to freshen up as Sam waited for Von on the bleachers. Sam was about to take her iPod out when she caught a glimpse of a familiar man who just went out of the shower room. She hurriedly took the box of brownies left and the gatorade from her bag and ran towards the man.

"Hey Kief," she said as she reached him.

Kiefer turned to Sam.

"Hey," he timidly replied.