Chapter 36: Troubles

Kiefer

Sam is doing all her puppy eyes now in front of me. I'm asking her what that text about and she's not saying a word.

"It was nothing. Stop digging," she said.

"Matagal ko ng napapnsin yan Sam. Why can't you tell me," I said firmly.

SHe heaved out a deep sigh. "I told you it was just nothing. I have this event for my org kasi. I'm stressing over it cause the team can't seem to do things the way I wanted them to do it. Yun lang yun," she explained. She looks like she's telling the truth bu her eyes tell otherwise. 

"Kief, that was all. You don't need to worry," she tried to explain when I didn't respond at first.

"Halika ka nga," I pulled her closer and cupped her face in between my two hands. "Sam, you are the most beautiful, most talented, most kind-hearted and the smartest girl I have ever met. You can do eveything you put your heart and mind into. I know you can always finish everything with class. At may bonus ka pa, because I will always, always, be here to support, help, and love you. So please, stop pressuring yourself and relax. Keep calm and love me." I tried to cheer her up.

"Thank you for everything kief. And I will always love you too," she said.

I pulled her closer to plant a quick kiss on her lips. 

"You can do it!" I said while raising my fist up in the air that made her chuckle. "Ayan naka smile ka na ulit. Ganda talaga ng mahal ko," I hugged her which she also did in return.

"I love you so much and ther's no way in hell i'm letting you go," she said out of the blue which shocked me a little.

"Well, there's also no way in hell or in heaven or in wherever it may be I'm letting you go too," she hugged me so tight.

There's really something that's bothering her. She may not tell me what it is but I will find out.

I'm in front of DLSU's gate now. I just dropped Sam to school. She thought I already went back to Katipunan but I will stay for a while since no practice and no class for me. I'm up for a little investigation here, just trying to check if everything's alright here for Sam.

I switched the engine off and pulled the key. I climb down from my car when I heard someone calling my name.

"Kiefer!" I turned and saw Thomas Torres and Ara Galang walked out of the gate.

"Papi!" I fist-bumped him and smiled to Ara.

"Hinahanap mo si Sam?" Ara asked.

"Uh no, I just dropped her off. One hour lang naman daw yung class niya, hihintayin ko na lang" I lied.

"Ganun ba? Saan ka pupunta for one hour?" Ara asked again.

"Any suggestions?" I asked them.

"You can always tag along, wala rin naman kaming class ni Thomas ngayon. If that's okay with you Thom," Ara offered. Nice. I can start my investigation with them.

"Sure ba kayo? Hindi ba ako makakaistorbo sa date niyo?" I asked.

"Minsan lang naman bro. Huwag mo lang dadalasan," Thomas joked.

"Of course," I smiled. "So where to?"

Ara and Thomas brought me to a milktea house here in taft. We just finished ordering when Abi and Carol joined us.

"Oh andito ka Kief?" Abi asked and sat beside me.

"Hinihintay ko lang si Sam," I told her my alibi.