Chapter 10: Brother's Thoughts

Miguel

My dad called yesterday. He said he heard the news that there's a typhoon in the Philippines and the situation's getting really bad there. He asked me if I could go home to stay with my little sister since she's alone there. Of course I said yes. Sam is more important than my work. So I flew back to the Philippines, even if I'm in the middle of a project. Luckily, my flight was allowed to travel even if the weather's bad.

When I landed, I saw Kuya Mike. He said Dad called him too. So we decided to go home together. Since we're VIP, the aiport staff provided us a ride. Dad was right when he said that it's getting really bad here. 

Kuya Mike and I arrived home. I can hear Sam bossing someone out from inside of the house. Haha. Lucky one. 

"Oh boy! I can hear Control Freak Martina kahit nasa labas pa kami ah," I said when we entered the house. I saw her with Kiefer sitting on the couch. 

I kind of like Kiefer already. Aside from the fact that I like him as a basketball player. Galing ng moves eh. He somehow proved something to me during that La Salle-Ateneo game. Kung hindi lang siguro malagkit tumingin to kay Sam, I think we could've been friends easily. But of course, hindi pa rin pwedeng basta-basta na lang ipasa yan para kay Sam. Tight security dapat when it comes to my baby sister.

Sam said they were doing something for the victims of the typhoon. That's why Kiefer's here. He is helping Sam. Ah, nagpapa-impress ba tong si Kiefer or what?

But the fact that he stayed here with Sam this long, is impressive. Sam is a control freak. She wants everything done her way. She is really bossy but in a good way. She knows what she wants and she knows what sh'es doing.

Honestly I'm a little shocked that Kiefer's still here, natagalan niya si Sam. Haha. I'll give credits to him for that.

I was so tired from the trip and I asked them if I could go to sleep. I went upstairs and prepared myself to sleep. I was lying on my bed, then decided to check my phone. Something tells me that I sshould open my twitter account. Then I saw Sam's tweet with a picture of Kiefer in our kitchen cooking. 

Aba, aba, aba. Nagpapa-impress talaga tong mokong na to sa kapatid ko. And it looks like he really knows what he's doing. Mukhng magaling to ah. Additional points. Hmm?

In fairness, this complements Sam. Sam's never cooked. She doesn't know how. She grew up with boys. What do you expect? If ever they end up together, hindi magugutom ang kapatid ko. Teka lang! End up together agad agad? Hindi pa pwede yan. 

I replied t my sister's tweet then took a nap.

I woke up after a few hours. I sleepily went downstairs. I watched the people working in our living room. hen I noticed Sam  and Kiefer on one corner. They were working together. But what struck me was the smile that my sister was wearing. The smile was different. She has a lot of smile, her shy smile, confident smile, friendly smile, i-want-something smile, irritated smile, but this smile is different. I've never seen her smile like this. 

I really think that this is because of Kiefer. She may have not noticed it yet. But I really think she has something for him. Humanda lang talaga tong si Kiefer pag may ginawa to sa kpatid ko.

I'm still observing Kiefer, but so far, I can also see the same smile when he's with Sam. I still have this battle inside me kung papasa ba tong si Kiefer o indi. But I think he inspires my sister.

OK. Tama na muna ang pagiging gwardya civil. nagugutom na ako eh. I wen to the kitchen and looked for the food Sam and Kifer left for me. I didn't disturb them cause the maid was there to help me.

In fairness talaga dito sa Kiefer na to. Masarap yung niluto niya. Additional points na naman to sakin. I finished my food and heard that Sam was telling her team and Kiefer to go home because the rain had stopped already. At para hindi na sila maabutan pa ng ulan.

I was standing behind them. I was observing them kasi. Eto na naman si Kiefer at Sam kung mkatinginan naman. Meron talagang something eh. It's really obvious. 

Today, I think Kiefer passed phase two. He was able to deal and stay with Sam even she's a control freak. This means he accepts Sam, every side of her, even her not so good side. He also supported and helped Sam in this project. Hopefully he will continue to suppor and help her not only with her projects but in every decision that my sister will make. Lastly, he cooks. HAHA wala lang, additional points din yun. 

Ang judgemental ko lang noh. Ah ewan! Ganun talaga. Kapatid ko kaya nakataya dito. Ideny man nilang dalawa nang i-deny na walang something sa kanila. I can feel na meron. Maybe they haven't realized it yet, or just too shy or scared to say it.

Kiefer's car was already out of our gate. I stood beside her and tagged her. She was startled. I just smiled and said "Second phase: passed."

***

Sam

Finally, back to school na, after days of class suspensions. Im so bored na sa bahay eh. I asked Manong Pipoy to drive me to school because I dont want to drive this early. It's 6:30 and I'm still sleepy.

I was awaken super early this morning and I can't go back to sleep anymore so I decided to prepare my things and myself for school. 

We stopped when the stoplight turn red. While waiting for the stoplight to turn green, I heard my phoned beep.

From: BF Kiefer 

Good Morning beautiful. Have a nice day. Take care ha. :D

Sweet naman ng bestfriend ko. Kaka-goodvibes lang.

To: BF Kiefer

Good Morning to you too Bestfriend. Enjoy your day din. Ingat ka rin :D

From: BF Kiefer

Did you eat breakfast na?

To: BF Kiefer

Nope. I'm not hungry naman eh. hehe You?

From: BF Kiefer

Tsk. Sam, you're skipping your meal again. Breakfast pa. Where are you?

I was about to reply when my phone rang. It was Kiefer.

"Morning bestfriend," I said to him.

"Morning ganda. nasan ka?" He asked from the other line.

"I'm on my way to Taft. Why?" I answered.

"Why so early? You could've eaten your breakfast pa sana." Kiefer

"I can't go back to sleep na eh, so I decided to go to school early na lang. Don't worry I already had my coffee. Masyadong concern naman tong bestfriend ko. Oh! I forgot You're my health Freak bestfriend." Me

"Health freak na kung health freak. Coffee's not enough and not very healthy, Sam. What time ba class mo?"

"8:30 pa,"

"Okay, wait for me. I'll be there in 30mins"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Here's another one for you guys. Sorry. It's exam week kasi. I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Let  me know what are your thoughts. 

Comment and Vote XOXO