Chapter 23: Girl Talk

Sam and Simmy are holding arm in arm while looking at the airplane which just  took off. No one is smiling. They looked at each other and chuckled.

"Ang drama natin. Para tayong iniwan ng mga asawa natin dahil maga-abroad na sila," Sam said to Simmy.

They were on the airport. They just said their temporary goodbyes to the whole Ateneo delegates who will represent their school to the 2013 FilOil Unigames.

"Yeah, they'll be back in no time." Simmy smiled. "Are you sure you're not going with me on Thursday?"

"Nope. I have a meeting pa kasi with the caterers." Sam said to Simmy. 

"Yeah. You and Kiefer can skype naman and you'll see him na." Simmy said.

"Yep. We can do that." Sam just gave a weak smile.

"Hang out muna tayo, Sam It's early pa naman. Wanna have some tea?" Simmy. "Sure." Sam agreed.

The two went on a high end tea parlor. When the got settled they ordered.

"Sam, I don't want to intrude but what's the real score between you and Kiefer?" Simmy inquired.

"You know what Simmy, a lot of people had been asking me that, ilang buwan na rin. Haha. But I couldn't give them the answer that they're expecting. The only thing that's clear is we're friends." Sam said with a little it of sadness in her voice.

"Really?" Simmy inquired as she take a sip of her tea.

"Yeah. It may look magulo from other people's point of view, kasi nga Kiefer and I had been telling people, whenever we're asked, that we're just friends but we don't look like we're just friends. Pero for me it's very simple. We're just enjoying each other's company. I care for him and I know and feel that he cares for me too.  And i'm just happy being around him." Sam explained.

"Are you falling in love with Kiefer, Sam?" Simmy asked. Sam's forehead creased. 

"I don't know. I'm not sure. I'm confused. Love for me is a very big and heavy word. I don't want to assume and I don't want to get hurt." Sam said.

"What if one day Kiefer tells you that he loves you?"Simmy onquired.

"I don't know what to do. Am I expected to do something if he tells me that? Diba it's like he's telling me something like he just got a tattoo or something like that." Sam innocently asked.

Simmy chuckled. "Haha, ikaw talaga Sam. Well, you can say it back?" 

"Alam mo namang I never had a boyfriend. I must admit, I'm so ignorant to these kinds of things. And I'm not sure if I could say it back the moment he says it." Sam defended.

"Sam don't pressure yourself. Just go with it. You'll know what to do when it happens." Simmy tried to make her friend feel at ease. 

"I hope I will." Sam sighed.

"Anyways Sam, aside from Kiefer, I heard you also caught a tiger's heart." Simmy stated with an inquiring look which made Sam confused.

"Huh? What are you talking about ba? Tiger's heart?" Sam confusingly asked.

"Does the name Jeric Teng ring a bell?" Simmy asked.

"Smiley? What about him?" Sam asked.

"Smiley huh? You two have pet names? Care to explain Sam"  Simmy trying to dig some informaton from Sam.

"Okaaaayy. Jeric's a friend. I met him because of his brother, Jeron, who is my schoolmate. Jeric and I had been pretty much close now, kind of?" Sam explained.