Chapter 31: Rage

Kiefer

I am in sheer panic. I pulled Sam out of her burning car. Her body is danggling lifelessly in my arms. I slowly laid her down on the track and tried to shake her.

"Sam!" I screamed at her face but she didn't answer.

Her name is the only word I can utter. I forcefully shake her body. Still no answer. I heard a lot of people screaming around me but I can't understand what they are saying. I am looking at her bleeding face. And all I can think of is this is all my fault.

Why did I agree on her stupid suggestion? Why did I let my pride and stubbornness take over? Why am I so stupid?

People in orange were starting to huddle where Sam and I were. They are slowly removing Sam away from my arms. I don't want to let her go.

But I heard someone say, "Sir, please let us. We'll bring her to the hospital."

When I heard the word hospital, I immediately let the people in orange take over but I am still behind them tailing wherever they bring Sam. They were all over her, doing their thing, maybe first aid. After a few while, they loaded her to the ambulance and I automatically climb in the ambulance.

I sat beside the unconscious Sam and held her hand. I uttered a very long prayer, asking God if He could help Sam get better. I slowly closed my eyes and felt my still hot tears fell.

The next thing was the door of the ambulance opened. We were already in the hospital. Along the process of transferring and bringing her to the ER, I was trailing behind like a dog. I didn't get my eyes off of her. Even with doctors all over her, I will still peak through them just to keep an eye on her. I didn't even bother to look at the annoying nurse who kept on asking me questions.

Finally, the annoying nurse left me alone and in few more seconds, I felt Von stand beside me. He was also looking to where Sam is. His face might have been the mirror image of mine, full of worry and panic. I heard Simmy talking to the annoying nurse behind us. Those observations only took a couple of seconds then I turned my attention to Sam again.

I look at her face, almost free from blood.  There is a bandage on her head now. The doctors might have done their job. But what she's wearing didn't escape from being staned by her blood. Her over-all race suit is open until her waist, her whhite spaghetti strap top was revealed and is also stained with her blood. 

The people who attended her, one by one, were dipersed. Then she was left with a nurse and a doctor. The doctor came to us while the nurse  was fixing something.

"Are you with the patient?" He asked us. I didn't bother to look at him cause my eyes are still glued to Sam. He was talking to Von while I'm half-listening to their conversation.

"Yes po. Is she okay na po ba?" I heard Simmy answer.

"She's alright now. She had minor wounds except the one on her forehead. But we got it stitched already. She's lucky she had safety gears on. She might be in a very critical condition right now if she didn't." The doctor explained. I was able to breathe when he said that.

"But why is she still unconscious?" Von asked. 

"The impact of her accident might have something to do with that. Her head might have hit something that's why she's unconcsious. She's alright now but we have to do some tests to make sure of that." The docctor answered.

"Thank you po Doc." Simmy said. Then the doctor left.

"You two, magpahinga muna kayo. I'll process everything so that sam can transfer to a room." SImmy instructed but as expected we won't take a rest until everything's fine.