Chapter 17

Sebastian's P.O.V

I dashed out of the bedroom, making sure the it and the front door were locked. I knew Flora would be fine with the guards flanking every side of the house, but the extra precaution eased my wolf. Outside there was blood spraying the grass and dirt as wolves both fought and killed. The battle was so close to our house. "We need to lead it away from the house so the guards have a better chance in protecting Flora." My voice spoke to me, him taking everything in and analyzing it. "Move the fight South! We need to lead it away from our Luna!" I mind linked my pack. I noticed Alpha Evan do the same. He nodded to me before shifting and lunging at an enemy. I did the same, letting my wolf take over and slaughter my victims. The quicker this is over the safer my pack and Flora will be.

Running through the woods I chased a high ranking wolf, snapping at his tail with how close I was. The wolf growled but did not stop, it kept running. "A coward for a Beta." My wolf grinned. Suddenly something crashed into my abdomen harshly and I felt my paws leave the Earth as I tumbled down a sloping hill. Branches and pine cones crushed under my weight and cut me stomach the entire way down. Finally sliding to a stop I was quick to my feet and let out an infuriated growl. The object that had crashed into me was another wolf, but this one was smaller than the Beta, more ballsy. I growled and crouched down before lunging at the wolf, biting and slashing through its fur angrily.

The wolf didn't even put up a fight against me and yet it smiled as with one last swipe I slit its throat open. Why would it just commit suicide? Something wasn't right here. "They're not rogues. They aren't from any neighboring packs..." My wolf trailed off, him deep in thought. The body lying at my paws shifted back to its human form and I become infuriated even more at the discovery it gave me. In an instant I began dashing back to our house. "Lincoln, get in inside and protect Flora" I mind linked the highest ranking guard that protected the house. Instead of receiving a "Yes Alpha" the only thing in my head was silence.

This caused me to ran faster than I ever had before as I dashed through the woods, between fights. Flora please. I neared the house and my worst thoughts came true. There, lying on the stairs was Lincoln. He had blood pouring from his mouth as well as the gaping hole where his intestines would have been. Cursing I ran straight through the open door, this time seeing one of my younger guards, sworn to protect Flora. His body was ripped in pieces, half hanging off the railing of the stairs. His blood stained the wood flooring. I barreled up the stairs and what I saw in our bedroom made me fall to the floor and howl in agony. She was gone. "Slaughter those wolves, they've injured and taken your Luna." I could feel the packs emotions shift drastically. They now had a stronger motive to kill, as did I.