Chapter 21

Sebastian's P.O.V

"Alpha, the girl that I saw fleeing from the restaurant ran into the woods. I waited for you to come and not five minutes ago, the girl was carried back out of the forest." My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to concentrate. I knew the girl was definitely Flora, as her smell was all over the restaurant. It was excruciatingly painful breathing in her scent, knowing she was here only moments before, while trying to remain calm and relocate my lost mate. I wanted to cry, but at the same time rip my hair out. "What do you mean, 'carried back out of the forest?'" I questioned. My voice sounded strained, but it was the best I could do. Whoever Flora escaped from had found her and taken her back. No telling what could be happening to her right now or in the near future. I need to find my mate and protect her. 'I long to hug her...' My wolf whispered sadly, head fallen on paws.

The man in front of me cleared his throat, letting out a cough before answering. "The girl was asleep from what it seems. She wasn't injured Alpha, just asleep." Flora would never just fall asleep in some persons arms. Hell she was terrified of other people who she did not know. "Did you see which way he went?" The man shook his head. "I am sorry Alpha, I had a coughing fit and had bent over. When I stood back up, the man and the girl were gone." "You have been helpful." I spoke before entering the restaurant and sliding into the booth that Flora had been in. I glanced around the restaurant, remembering the time I had brought her here. My mind was clouded by my thoughts until I smelt something sweet. It didn't smell like a pastry of dessert. It almost smelled like a medication.

I glanced around my surroundings, finding the scent quite strong now. How had I missed it before? I glanced into the slightly foggy glass that rested on the table in front of me. "What the hell was in this?" I question Axen, he had arrived only moments ago. Flora's Ex-Alpha on the way also. Axen grabbed the glass and inhaled it lightly. "Due to my enhanced sense of smell I can tell it is a drug to shut down the mind." I became alert even more than I already was. "What do you mean, 'shut down the mind?'" I growled out and Axen took a step back, not looking up at me. "He means it puts the mind at ease by putting you to sleep, not killing you. It's okay. Flora is still alive." I took a deep breath at Alpha Evans words.

"This still means someone drugged my mate. Who gave her this glass of water?" I growled out looking at all the staff in the restaurant. By now, due to circumstances, the customers had left. A lady in the back stood on her feet. She had the guts to look me in the eyes, and also to glare at me. "She is not your mate. She is Alpha Liam's. L..." I cut her off with a venomous growl. I could feel my wolf clawing at me to get out. He wanted this traitor to die. "Take her to the cells" I told my Beta and he simply nodded his head. Quickly moving to the shouting lady he snapped her neck and tossed her over his shoulder, carrying her out. I smiled when the lady accidentally bumped into the wall on the way out. Chris was protective over our Luna, he took everything seriously when it came to her.

"I guess we take the fight to their territory." I spoke, standing up and walking towards the door. Axen and Evan following behind me. "Agreed, but when? Tomorrow?" I shook my head. "Tonight." With that said I walked towards the car and drove off to the pack house.