Chapter 32

Flora's P.O.V

It was late in the afternoon and I was in the bathroom examining the mark left by Evan on my neck. My fingertips lightly touched the wound and I winced. It had not healed. Running my fingers through my hair I sighed and leaned on the countertop. Everything is so crazy right now, I just want to slow down. My baby pink nails shined in the light of the bathroom and I smiled slightly. Emma had painted my nails while visiting me earlier. I miss her so much that it hurts. Leaving the bathroom I went downstairs and outside. Pack members smiled at me but never said anything. I always tried approaching them but they would bow and walk away.

"Flora what are you doing out here?" Axen came running up to me. He hugged me tightly and pulled back with a smile. "I needed some fresh air, the house was slowly killing me." He laughed and pulled me to a nearby bench. "Have you gained any of your memory back lately?" I twirled my skirt around my fingers as I slowly shook my head. "I think it's useless. Can't I just make new memories?" The breeze flowed through my hair and ran along my bare legs. "Flora what is that?" Axen sounded alarmed and when I looked at him he had wide eyes.

I realized he was looking at the bite mark Evan gave me and shrugged. "Evan bit my neck, it caused these visions of some guy to appear in my mind." He touched around the wound and I winced away from him. "How long ago did he bite you?" A new voice joined the conversation. Emma. "Emma!" I smiled and scoot over so she could sit between Axen and I, but she remain where she was. This was serious. Under their intense stares I looked at my beige wedges. "About a few days ago." Axen stiffened beside me and called out to Emma to get the pack doctor. "Come on Flora, we have to go see the doctor." He tried to grab my arm, but a deep growl sounded in front of us.

"Leave her alone." Evan growled his eyes dark and posture tense. I tugged my arm out of Axen's grip, suddenly irritated with him. "I can take care of myself." Standing up I left Emma, Evan and Axen behind.

Emma's P.O.V

"It's already happening." My voice was one of disbelief. How could this happen so quickly? Was it because Flora has been separated from her mate for so long? I turned to Evan, "What the hell were you thinking?" He looked at me, eyes normal but still tense and alert. "I didn't mean for it to happen! I was trying to reignite her memories of her mate. I never intended for this to happen." "What did you think would happen?!" Axen yelled. "With Anna gone and Flora being away from her mate for so long, her body and wolf are accepting the arrival of a new mate. That's why her attitude is changing and you are becoming overprotective of her."

Evan looked like he had been struck with the news of a loved one dying. Falling to his knees he looked down at the ground. "I never meant for this to happen." I approached the wounded wolf and kneeled down beside him. "I miss her so much." His voice was broken and his body was shaking. "I know. I know. I miss her too. She was my only sister." Tears came to my eyes but the pain of losing a sister was nowhere near the amount of pain of losing your mate. "We will fix this Evan."

Evan suddenly growled and shoved me back. Axen immediately pulled me away. "Don't touch my mate." He growled before shifting and running to the woods. "His wolf is in denial. We need to fix this before it is too late." I rushed out, still trying to catch my breath. "I know Emma, we will. Don't worry. Please don't worry, we will fix this." Axen kissed my forehead as we both tried to realize what had just happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh snap more drama! Comment if you think Flora and Evan should be mates. Do you think Evan was telling the truth? What was most surprising about the chapter? What do you want to happen in the future? Comment/vote/share!

4