Chapter 22

Flora's P.O.V

My mind was fuzzy. I couldn't place where I was or what time of day it was. All I knew was that the room was dark and hot. The bed sheets that I lay on were scratchy and rough. The bounding around my hands was sticky and pulled at my skin. I lay on the bed, completely still, not knowing what to think. If Liam was my mate, then why would he have hurt me. He's done it twice and hasn't showed a lick of sympathy or regret. I starting to think that he wasn't my real mate, and his mark on my neck had something to do with me forgetting everything. Turning my head to the side I groaned as it swelled with a dull ache. I can't stand pain. After lying in this unknown bed for a while, my mind began racing. It was as if something snapped in my head and it began to work.

I became highly sensitive to my surroundings and began to calculate a route to escape. It was as if I had unlocked this knowledge from the back of my mind. Has it been there the whole time? I used this new found ability to see if I could get out of the sticky restraints holding my hands. They didn't burn, so there was no silver or wolfs bane in or on them. I tried to tug my hands apart and again found something I never thought I had. Strength. Suddenly a flashback hit my brain full force and I gasped, becoming still as I watched it intently.

"Flora, I can't believe you defeated him! Congratulations!" A man ran up to me and hugged me tight. "Thank you Alpha Evan!" He groaned and pulled back from me. "Flora how many times do I have to tell you. Call me Evan, you are like a little sister to me." I smiled and poked him in the ribs, "A little sister who can beat up your best warrior. Wait, does that mean I am pack warrior now?" I asked with a big smile on my face. "It sure does." Evan smiled and hugged me again. "Now no more fighting. It's your birthday! Have fun!"
My eyes watered as I remembered the memory. Evan, I miss him so much. Suddenly a door opened to the room and in walked Liam. "Ah my little Flora is crying. You should be. With everything that is about to happen to you, you will be screaming."