Chapter 26

Sebastian's P.O.V

I tore through the woods at an unrecognizable speed, dodging trees left and right. I was determined to get to Flora and nothing or no one was going to stop me. Alpha Evan and his Beta were close behind me. Within thirty minutes we arrived at the pack borders. I slowed to a trot and finally stopped. Standing in the knee length grass was the man I have grown to hate. Draymen stood tall and proud at a distance in front of me, his pack alongside him. "Hello brother" he smirked at Evan. Evan snarled, his eyes turning black. "What have you done with me mate!" I growled out to him. He simply cocked his head to the side as if confused. "Your mate? Your mate?" He laughed as if he found something funny. "Young pup I do not have your mate in my territory at all." He shoved his hands in his pockets and shrugged his shoulders. "...But since we're on the topic of mates, I am very proud to announce my adopted son found his. She's such a lovely girl truly, I wish you could meet her.

Evan and I exchanged looks. "Hand Flora over." I cut to the chase. Draymen laughed and so did his men. "My daughter is going nowhere with you. I am actually sad to say that she does not want you anymore. She's fallen for another, quite literally. Just earlier she tripped playing around with her mate, quite clumsy when in love." Draymen chuckled again and I found myself liking the sound of a knife on a chalkboard to be more soothing to my ears. What he said had me infuriated, but... Suddenly a searing pain shot through my whole body and a howl of anguish came from my mouth. I collapsed onto the ground and held my chest, wishing to hold my heart to stop the immense pain. Evan come up beside me, helping me to stand on my feet. I suddenly felt completely out of it for a moment and the pain dulled. I was able to support my weight again and glared at Draymen. Without a seconds thought I shifted and lunged onto him.

I snapped at his ugly face until he too shifted and began to fight back. All around me I heard snarls and growls. I decided to shut everything out and focused on the sole cause for every ounce of pain my mate has ever had. Every time she cried herself to sleep. Every time she wished for her parents back. Every time she revisited the past. All this pain and agony caused by the one person who helped create her in the first place, sworn to protect and love her. He was a horrible excuse for a father and a horrible person overall. The world didn't need this scum living on it, breathing pure air and releasing toxins. His wolf was even a monster. The decayed teeth trying to break my skin. His broken claws trying to open me. His wolf was a rabid animal, fitting for him.

I kicked him in the ribs and swiftly leapt on top of him, biting into his ear and jerking my head side to side. A howl of pain came from the mutt, but I did not care. I yanked with enough force for it to come off and spit it onto the ground. He was quick to fight back, snapping his teeth into my front leg. His teeth ground past the muscle and made contact with the bone that remain hidden underneath it. I bit back the want to howl in pain, and instead swiped my claw at his face. They sliced four lines from his absent ear to his nose. Blood trickled down his face as a growled and snapped at him. Before I could do anything else, Evan's wolf came into the picture and tore gaping holes in his neck. Draymen then became limp, teeth releasing my leg.

I stepped my paw back a bit, testing if I could stand on it. It struck a stinging pain, but I would live. Evan barked at me and signaled to the pack house. Nodding, we took off sprinting towards the pack house. The packs remain battling by the border.

B�Z:�ξ