Chapter 28

Flora's P.O.V

I sat inside the hospital room with a man laying in another bed beside me. We both had machines hooked up to our arms and sadly I was able to remember what happened before I woke up. I glance at the man in the hospital bed beside mine, the only other one in the room. He seemed familiar in a way. I could remember his face, even through looking at the scabs and stitches. He also emanated power. He was of a high rank no doubt, so why was I in this room with him? I remember the nurses and doctors yelling that they were losing him at the early hours of the morning. It had caused fear and sadness to overwhelm me. Why?

I looked away from the man and glanced out the window. The spot where Liam's mark used to be, ached in pain. It hurt super bad, due to the doctors having to perform some procedure to render it out of the skin on my neck. The skin was sore to the touch. The muscle underneath it was damaged and torn, but the soul that held it all together was scarred. No amount of medication and procedures could make the memories of a false mate go away. He had lied to me the whole time, but for what? So he could have someone to watch movies with? So he could have someone to hold when stressed?

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to be awake right now. I just wanted to float into nothingness and stay there for a while. I wanted to escape the world for a few moments and really connect with my own self. Sadly that cannot happen as my mind is whirling trying to figure out where I am. Who I really am.

I opened my eyes, the door to the room suddenly flinging open and a familiar face came rushing towards me. "Oh my, Flora!" The man gushed as he hugged me and kissed my head. "I thought I would never get to hug you again!" "Evan" I whispered, a smile gracing my face for the first time. He pulled back suddenly as if I had attacked him. His eyes filled with tears as he smiled. "You remember me?" I nodded my head. I remembered him in a few memories. He was certainly the one I am closest to right now.

"Do you remember him?" He softly asked as he pointed to the man in the bed next to mine. "Should I?" I questioned unsure. Evan sighed. "It's okay Flora, we're going to fix your memories. He was someone very important to you."

���