10

I woke with a groan. Something heavy laid over my waist and I looked down to see Clayton's arm holding me. My back was pressed against his warm chest and I couldn't help but feel comfortable. I grimaced and tried to get out of his hold but he only groaned and pulled me closer.

"Bastard." I sighed and realized he was snoring softly. He's asleep.

Okay, I have a passed out werewolf-my asshole mate- holding me and I'm trying to get out of bed... Any advice?

I groaned and whined. God the sparks were getting on my nerves. I grabbed my phone and checked what time it was. 2:35 AM... I groaned as I saw all my notifications.

I hade five missed calls from Dalton and a boat load of texts.

10:56 PM Kate?

10:57 PM Are you okay?

11:03 PM Who was that on the phone?

11:15 PM What the hell was he talking about?

11:27 PM Katy?

11:30 PM KATE!

12:03 AM Come on Kate I know you don't have a boyfriend... Oh shit maybe he drugged you... Fuck.

12:36 AM Kate? Please answer me.

1:12 AM Kate answer the damn phone. I'm freaking out.

1:45 AM K?

2:05 AM Kate please I need to know you're okay...

2:27 AM If he hurt you...

2:30 AM That's it, I'm coming over!

I read the texts feeling horrible and on the last one I gasped. Crap he could be over any minute now! I wiggled from Clayton's grasp and amazingly didn't wake him.

I opened my door and started down the stairs. A knocking made me hurry and soon I was at the front door. I opened it up and Dalton stood there looking frantic. I lunged at him and he caught me in his arms. He hugged me to him and combed his fingers through my hair and I laid my head on his chest.

"God Kate I thought I'd lost you. I was freaking out and you wouldn't answer..." My friend groaned and kissed my head.

"I'm okay Dalton." I said in a soft voice and wrapped my arms around my friend.

"Who was that on the phone?" Dalton asked and I tensed.

"It was me. Now why are you talking to my girl? And Kate why the hell are you out here with him? And why are y'all hugging?" A deep voice growled and I froze and Dalton hugged me tighter.

"Who are you?" My friend said harshly and I pulled softly away from him. We were on the front porch. Clayton walked out of the house then shut the door and fixed us both with a glare.

"I'm Clayton her mate-soul mate. Keep your hands and mouth off my girl." I felt my breath catch as Clayton stepped toward me and pulled me away from Dalton with a soft growl.

"I'll deal with you later." My mate told me and I looked at the ground.

"Don't talk to her like that you piece of shit." Dalton said stepping closer and I gasped when I saw he was sizing him up. Clayton noticed too and he put me behind him.