29

This chapter is short***

The ride home was quiet and as soon as we reached the familiar woods of our territory I started to bubble with anticipation.

"Let's get this started." Clayton said and I leaned over and brushed my hand reassuringly on his leg. He looked over at me and his eyes darkened.

"I'm going to step out of the car... I need some fresh air." I said and got out.

"Wait for me." Clayton said as I shut the door. In moments he was out as well and I walked toward the woods but not far from the car breathing in the sweet scents of the wilderness. Clayton wrapped his arms around me and turned me to him and I giggled. I looked up into my husband's lustful loving eyes. A soft smile came to my lips and he swooped toward me and pressed his lips against mine in an urgent, affectionate kiss. After a moment he pulled away and sighed.

"I meant to do that earlier." He said softly and I nodded my head in acknowledgement. I leaned closer and brushed my lips against his and smirked as he groaned.

"I love you." I breathed and he kissed me again. Soon enough we were locked in a passionate make out and Clayton combed his fingers through my hair as I wrapped my arms around his waist and gripped the edge of his shirt.

"Tilt your head." Clayton growled as he pulled away from the kiss. His voice made me grow weak and I obediently did as told. I gasped as his fangs buried themselves in my neck as he marked me for a second time and I let out a moan. I moved my head back as he licked and kissed my new mark and let my fangs slip out. Clayton groaned as I marked him again and I gasped as I felt the bond suddenly growing. Clayton gripped my waist and pulled me against him.

"Mine." Clayton growled possessively looking around at the trees and woods as if they'd come alive and take me.

I giggled and laid my head on his chest, "Yours... Mine." I sighed and hugged him tightly. We stood there for a while before we pulled slowly apart and walked to the car. We hopped inside and started toward our home.

We arrived and got out of the car. Drew raced out of the house to meet us and he paused and smirked when he took us in.

"Aww look at you two, all marked and mated." Drew said in a teasing voice and Clayton growled while I blushed.

"We've got to talk to everyone... Can someone get in contact with Alpha Nathan and Luna Eli? This is important." Clayton said and Drew nodded.

"C'mon then." Drew said whirling around and going inside and Clayton and I followed. It wasn't long before we'd made it inside and pack members looked at us with knowing eyes smelling the mix of our scents from our mating.

"So what happened? Because y'all weren't supposed to be back until three days from now." Lexi said coming to stand in front of us. Her eyes were confused. Mike stood a ways behind her and looked at her with laughing eyes.

"We're going to have to train more. War is coming. We need everyone to hear this." Clayton said and Lexi nodded softly her eyes wide.

"Alpha Nathan is on the phone." Drew said walking up to Clayton holding a house phone. Clayton nodded curtly and took it. He tried talking to the alpha but I could see he was getting irritated after a few moments of trying to explain.

"Here." I said holding out my hand. Clayton sighed and handed it over mumbling, "The dumb mutt keeps cutting me off." I held back a giggle and brought the phone to my ear.

"Nathaniel?" I said.

"Tell Clayton I heard him." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well listen we need y'all over here so we can discuss what's going on." I was about to say more when he began talking.

"I can't just leave my pack again." He said with a growl.

"Nathan pl-" I began but he interrupted.

"No disrespect Luna Katlyn but I really can't leave them and neither can Eli." He said and I let out a frustrated growl.

"If it's so much of a problem bring your damn pack with you." I snarled and took a deep breath to calm myself. In the background I heard a chuckled and Eli's voice say, "Don't piss off a Luna babe. Especially not a pure white... That's my girl Katy! We'll be there, even if I have to drag his sorry ass with me!"

"Quiet Eli-we're on our way." Nathan grumbled and I chuckled as he hung up.

I nodded and gave the phone back to Drew. He took it and trotted off. Suddenly a voice rang in my head and I tensed as the Moon Goddess spoke to me.

There's another. My successor. She's in a pack. Hurry. You'll need her. You must find my successor... Her voice faded and I tensed.

"Can the Moon Goddess die?" I asked and everyone froze. I growled, "Well can she?"

"Did she speak to you?" Clayton asked and I nodded massaging my temples.

"We have to find her successor..." I sighed and everyone glanced at each other.

"This just keeps getting better and better." Clayton grumbled and sighed.

And I thought the war was the height of our worries...

Yes I know it was short and I'm sorry.

But I will update again soon! Possibly today.