37

I stumbled out of bed with a groan. My stomach churned and I hurried to the bathroom. Clayton was by my side in a heartbeat holding back my hair.

"Are you okay?" Clayton sighed rubbing his hands along my back as I moved away from the toilet.

"I'm fine... I think." I groaned and held my stomach. Clayton grabbed my shoulders and pulled me against him. I basked in his warmth and smiled as he kissed my neck softly.

"Katy are you sure?" He whispered in my ear and I shuddered at his husky voice. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Come on then... Are you hungry?" He asked and I nodded again. My mate chuckled softly and pulled me out of the room.

We walked down the hall and Clayton kept me by his side as we entered the living room. Many people lounged around the room eating and talking and I smiled softly.

"Can you get me some peanut butter and bacon?" I questioned Clayton and he gave me a weird look before nodding and hurrying away.

I smiled and started toward the couch where some pups where playing. Dizziness crashed abruptly over me and I swayed on my feet. I tried to shake it off but failed miserably. I didn't even realize I was falling until arms wrapped around me and held me up.

I blinked and looked at my savior. A boy with dark brown hair and amber eyes. He smelled of Xavier's pack.

"You okay Luna?" He asked.

"Get your hands off of my mate." A deep snarl said and I instinctively began to try to calm him down. It didn't work.

The boy was ripped away from me and thrown down. I almost fell in the process.

"I said get your hands off of my mate!" Clayton bellowed and pulled the boy to his feet. I stood in shock as he rammed the boy into the wall and Clayton's eyes glowed red.

"Control yourself!" Alpha Xavier snarled stomping toward him.

"Shut up!" Clayton retorted in an animalistic voice and slammed the boy harder.

"Clayton please calm down." I said and he just growled at me his eyes blazing and training back on the boy.

"Never touch my wife again!" Clayton snarled. My stomach churned and I clutched my abdomen.

"Oh quiet you guys! All of you stop now!" Alex howled coming into the room her eyes sharp and her voice boomed with authority. Everyone stopped and Clayton growled and dropped the boy who then scurried away.

I glared at Clayton who blinked the animal look in his eyes away and muttered, "Sorry." He gave the boy an apologetic nod and he dipped his head.

Sudden tiredness washed over me along with emotions I couldn't control and tears started running down my face. Alex looked at me then sighed and opened her arms shooting a quick glare at everyone in the room.

"Imbeciles. Katy, sweetie come here." She said and I ran into her arms as I sobbed. She combed my hair with her soft fingers and kissed my forehead softly.

"Shh its okay." Alex sighed and rocked me gently.

"What's going on?" I heard Lexi's voice. Alex gave a soft chuckle as she rubbed my back.

"Katlyn's pregnant. That's why Clayton's acting so violent and Kate's so emotional." Alex said in a motherly voice with a touch of amusement.

Chaos broke out.

"She's what?" Clayton said and looked at me in surprise. I was frozen in shock.

"Pregnant?" I breathed.

"Yes." Alex said and I almost collapsed. I was pregnant?

Yes we're having a pup! Storm's voice echoed in my head and I felt sudden joy swarm through me. I felt myself frown.

I'd always wanted to be a mom, but was I ready?

"Katy?" Clayton's voice said and I looked over at him. His eyes shown with emotion and he locked eyes with mine. I smiled nervously and he rushed to me as Alex stepped away.

"I'm gonna be a dad?" He asked in my ear and I wrapped my arms around him and nodded my head. A smile broke out on his face.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" Clayton yelled and grabbed me twirling me around.

Congratulations started being said and people started clapping when a rough voice spoke.

"You got my daughter pregnant?" My father asked harshly and I pulled away from Clayton and looked at my dad. He glared at my mate. My mother stood beside him with wide eyes. Clayton met his eyes coolly.

"Yes." Clayton said and raised an eyebrow to my father almost asking him to object to it. All was quiet while they did a little stare down. Finally my dad sighed and looked at me.

"Why do you have to grow up so fast?" He asked with a slight frown. I could only shrug. How would you answer such a question?

I could feel dread seeping through me... Suddenly I was fearful my father would be angry. He wouldn't disown me... would he?

I gulped and observed him with stiff muscles.

"Just make sure I get to see my grandchild okay?" He said and I smiled and nodded as I relaxed. My mother was crying and laughing talking about how beautiful the baby would be and my parents enveloped me in a hug.

After I pulled away I headed for the door and Clayton followed but I waved him off telling him softly, "I'm going to the bathroom; I'll be right back." He looked reluctant but then nodded and stepped away.

I walked toward the bathroom on light feet and slipped inside. I looked in the mirror and took deep breaths. My eyes were watery and I sighed.

"You're going to have a baby." I told myself and laid my hand over my stomach. Protectiveness swarmed through me and I sighed.

"Mommy will protect you sweetie." I said and a knock rapped at the door. I looked at it and frowned.

"Clayton I'm fine." I said and for a moment the knocking stopped before it proceeded harder. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to find no one. My brows creased in a frown and I looked into the empty hallway.

"Hello?" I said and got no response. I rubbed my temples and sighed. I must've been hearing things.

Unexpectedly there was a sharp pain in my neck and I winced and clapped my hand over my neck. I frowned as I pulled a dart out of my neck. I stared at it and was suddenly woozy.

"What the hell?..." I muttered tossing the needle away. A soft chuckle rang out and a hand grasped my arm as I stumbled. A growl rumbled in my throat.

"Mommy will protect baby... but who will protect mommy?" A sly voice of a man whispered in my ear and everything blurred as his hysterical chuckle echoed in my ears as I thought: Where the hell is everyone else?

The stranger then gave me a sharp tug and everything whirled into black. I could still hear soft chuckles as my world faded away.

Guys I feel like a bad person for that ending to this chapter...